Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    That gun is getting around...
    I shot her, too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    You're making me regret selling you my 640PRO
    Once I found that it really likes the 158 gr. load is when I became thrilled with it. Very easy to shoot well with the Gold Dots, but wasn't happy with how low it hit. Now....it is really getting carried a lot. Also found it really easy to load in an airport bathroom compared to the semi autos...and more discrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    That gun is getting around...
    It's pretty much home now..
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Also found it really easy to load in an airport bathroom compared to the semi autos...and more discrete.
    I've noted that about snubs as well.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Will a typical 642 holster work with these?
    Some do and some don't. It is sort of hit and miss. I have a Winnie holster for one of mine that is for a j frame, but fits the 640 Pro like it was made for, and the Safariland 25&27 that I use most. On the other side, several kydex and tightly boned holsters did not.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I've found the Sideguard Minimal clip holster for a 2.125" Model 60 works for damn near every <2.5" J-frame I've stuffed in it.
    Not a very refined looking holster, but extremely functional.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-18-2016 at 09:34 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I also have a sideguard min clip. I have it straight drop and lowered and when I wear my J frame AIWB this is the holster. I agree its nothing fancy but the thin body and the offset clip definitely make it functional.

Site Supporter
    They are checkered Spegels. Long wait and hard to get these days. For similar, Esmeralda is a very good bet and very available with good selection on her website to select what you want for wood.
    Interesting. How do the Esmerelda's compare to the Spegels?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Interesting. How do the Esmerelda's compare to the Spegels?
    I have found them to be very close. I wish she did more of the larger revolvers.

158 38 or 357?
    Once I found that it really likes the 158 gr. load is when I became thrilled with it. Very easy to shoot well with the Gold Dots, but wasn't happy with how low it hit. Now....it is really getting carried a lot. Also found it really easy to load in an airport bathroom compared to the semi autos...and more discrete.

It's pretty much home now..
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    158 38 or 357?
    +P .38. Should have some 357 coming and will check it as well.

User Tag List