Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Ok I realize the last post was over 2 years ago, but I should have my new 640 Pro this Wednesday. Where did you guys find all the Spegel Grips without waiting 3 years?
    Picked it up today. Have not shot it yet, just gave a quick clean and lube and checked everything over. No issues that I could see. Gave it some new grips. Hogue Exotic boot Grips in Pau Ferro. I relieved the left side for speedloaders. I really like the feel and the trigger in dry fire. I don't think I'll use the moonclips.

Name:  640 Pro.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  80.1 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well hush my mouth. I'd given up on finding one on Gunbroker. Thanks.
    Not sure if you're dead set on new but came across this today searching for something else:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894611523

A couple yellow flags on the auction: seller with not a lot of feedback; money order or check only; not a lot of photos. Still there doesn't look to be any significant turn line, a decent-ish buy now, and pre-lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Not sure if you're dead set on new but came across this today searching for something else:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894611523

A couple yellow flags on the auction: seller with not a lot of feedback; money order or check only; not a lot of photos. Still there doesn't look to be any significant turn line, a decent-ish buy now, and pre-lock.
    Hmmm....

I'll have to have a think about that one. We're picking up a new travel trailer at the end of the month, then going truck shopping after that, so this may not fit into the picture at the moment, but it is worth thinking about.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

FYI: Norma 158 gr FMJFP .38sp shoots to a drive the dot hold at 10 yds in my example.

Site Supporter
    Sort of funny how what goes around, comes around.

I picked up my 640 Pro today, making me the 3rd P-F'r to have it, along with some grips, and more grips coming in the mail.

When this project first started off, there was an idea of replicating this, but doing it with the aluminum frames. Now Lipsey's is doing it.

Guess there's something to be said about a solid idea, well executed - on both fronts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Sort of funny how what goes around, comes around.

I picked up my 640 Pro today, making me the 3rd P-F'r to have it, along with some grips, and more grips coming in the mail.

When this project first started off, there was an idea of replicating this, but doing it with the aluminum frames. Now Lipsey's is doing it.

Guess there's something to be said about a solid idea, well executed - on both fronts.

That’s pretty cool. “You haven’t missed you chance, you just missed your turn.”

User Tag List