Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Yo JodyH,

Which AIWB holster are you using for your 640 Pro? I just bought one and am researching the AIWB options
    I love my PRO. I use a Safariland #25 for pocket carry and a #27 for either AIWB or 3:00 carry. With a belt, pocket carry actually works with it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I like these very well, really wish they would make a light weight version.

Which AIWB holster are you using for your 640 Pro? I just bought one and am researching the AIWB options
    I have a Dark Star AIWB for my 442 (actually a 460); great holster, but when I carry a J-frame, it's usually a 340PD with .38 +P in my pocket.

I really like mine as well, but not so much that I'm not selling it. I can't link to auctions here, but if you go gunbroker and search for 640 Pro Series you'll find it. But if I love it so much, why am I selling it, right?

tl;dr I'm trying to 1) clean up guns I don't shoot or carry, and 2) limit my platforms and distractions so I can focus on skill building to get back to where I was and better before I took 8 months off to play Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I love my PRO. I use a Safariland #25 for pocket carry and a #27 for either AIWB or 3:00 carry. With a belt, pocket carry actually works with it.
    Thanks for the info nyeti! You were the instigator for this purchase as you mentioned that 640 PRO a couple of times in class... and the model stuck in my mind especially the entire car carry deal and the shock and awe factor you discussed with us. You also mentioned those two Safariand holsters but I needed to be reminded!
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I have a Dark Star AIWB for my 442 (actually a 460); great holster, but when I carry a J-frame, it's usually a 340PD with .38 +P in my pocket.

Steve B.. thanks for the input. The BOSS actually mentioned the S&W M&P 340.. the one that features the front night site... and that would be another contender on my short list. "New York reloads" with the J frames just make sense... you can stuff quite a few of those little rascals on and about your person.... or run one as a BUG to your favorite CCW gun. Its all good.
    Johnny Walker

Steve B.. thanks for the input. The BOSS actually mentioned the S&W M&P 340.. the one that features the front night site... and that would be another contender on my short list. "New York reloads" with the J frames just make sense... you can stuff quite a few of those little rascals on and about your person.... or run one as a BUG to your favorite CCW gun. Its all good.
    You need to have "Retro Mike" in class to really appreciate being covered in J frames.

Thanksgiving was a good 640 carry day. Left the fanny pack in the truck while watching the Cowboys latest loss and just wore the 640 in a #27 by itself. I like it for those kind of roles. I also carried mine for about a month over the summer as a primary for an article on living a J frame lifestyle.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I also carried mine for about a month over the summer as a primary for an article on living a J frame lifestyle.
    You were a walking dead man, you just didn't realize it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You were a walking dead man, you just didn't realize it.
    Craig and I had a good discussion about this. For folks who know what predators look and act like...it is not that hard to stay away from them. If I mess up....the 640 is very capable of putting rounds in eye sockets. The key was really staying away from gun free zones....seems like they are magnets for the type of folks I may need more than five rounds to deal with.

Site Supporter
    I also carried mine for about a month over the summer as a primary for an article on living a J frame lifestyle.
    Where and when will we see that article?

Chris

User Tag List