Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this (good looking) junk?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Do tell 😁
    Not without permission of @BehindBlueI's. It's no big deal...but something nice for a young man coming up in the world who should have a good pocketknife as part of his daily loadout.
    Last edited by blues; 06-19-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not without permission of @BBI. It's no big deal...but something nice for a young man coming up in the world who should have a good pocketknife as part of his daily loadout.
    Im sure if Uncle Blues is involved its very nice. Im sure hes a great kid.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Not without permission of @BehindBlueI's. It's no big deal...but something nice for a young man coming up in the world who should have a good pocketknife as part of his daily loadout.
    By all means. Also a second benefactor should they decide to out themselves.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Nothing fancy. It's a Benchmade 612 Leopard Cub designed by Pat Crawford. I bought the knife in the late 90's while still working down in Miami.

Brought it with me to Paris in 1999. Fred Perrin took us to his aunt's home where he had his workshop. He put it on his wheel and gave it a little touchup. I put a light touchup on it before sending.

I hadn't carried it in some time, and since it was still in virtually new condition and is just under 3" closed (cutting edge), thought it perfect for a young man to carry, without carrying too much.

Blade is ATS-34, plain edge. Aluminum frame and liner lock.

(Stock image)

Nothing fancy. It's a Benchmade 612 Leopard Cub designed by Pat Crawford. I bought the knife in the late 90's while still working down in Miami.

Brought it with me to Paris in 1999. Fred Perrin took us to his aunt's home where he had his workshop. He put it on his wheel and gave it a little touchup. I put a light touchup on it before sending.

I hadn't carried it in some time, and since it was still in virtually new condition and is just under 3" closed (cutting edge), thought it perfect for a young man to carry, without carrying too much.

(Stock image)
    He's going to be happy.

I believe i have one of those somewhere.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

That's a nice knife, and uncommon at this point. Quality materials, enough to do any reasonable job for a folder, classy enough for any young fellow's need.

You're a class act @blues .

Site Supporter
    I wasn't going to say anything, but I noticed that my contribution (a Kit Carson-designed CRKT M16) and blues' are similar in style (though not in marque). And why not! It's always good to have spares of EDC gear.

Name:  IMG-4064.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  41.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything, but I noticed that my contribution (a Kit Carson-designed CRKT M16) and blues' are similar in style (though not in marque). And why not! It's always good to have spares of EDC gear.

Very appropriate, brother. Harold "Kit" Carson was a good friend of mine and built my first custom knife for me back in the 90's. (A medium Model 4.)
    I was with Kit at the Blade Show when he first announced his partnership to produce his designs with CRKT.

Here's a couple of originals:

Name:  CarsonDam216.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  CarsonM16.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  16.4 KB

(Stock image)
    I carried one of those for a while many years ago. I'm pretty sure my wife has one too. If I remember correctly, she wanted purple, but that wasn't available in the leopard cub so her's is red.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    I carried one of those for a while many years ago. I'm pretty sure my wife has one too. If I remember correctly, she wanted purple, but that wasn't available in the leopard cub so her's is red.
    Back then all that was available was black aluminum frames.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by blues; 06-22-2020 at 12:44 PM.

User Tag List