Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My P30 with NP3+

Site Supporter
    I have mentioned this a few times but in 1999 my mentor had his duty P220 NP3'd...

He shot almost 2k rounds through it without cleaning to make sure it was ready for duty, and cleaned the gun with a wet paper towel.

My retired duty 1911 will be going in the next year, and when I get my suppressed upper for my AR this year, the boltcarrier group will go before shot one gets fired. I am toying with getting the barrel with the pinned and welded muzzle brake/suppressor mount done as well.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    Yes, the quality of the finish is astounding. So much so, that if I just showed my gun to someone, they'd say, "that's a nice two-tone SS P30". It's so well executed, it meets or exceeds the quality of a factory finish, no question!
    In the past, the tone of the NP3 would vary from "stainless" to a light-ish gold. Robar would say that it depended on the freshness of the chemical tank, and how many sycles it had been through. This was years ago, when there were few add-on finishes for pistols

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Robar did a great job applying NP3 to a P7M8 for me.

Given how good the OEM HE finish is, why mess with NP3?
    Honestly, I think the factory finish is very nice. I’ve been reading about the NP3 for a few years now, and I’ve always liked the look of stainless/black guns, so ‘what the hell’...yes, it was somewhat frivolous, as I didn’t need it, but it was just something I wanted, nothing more/less.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    In the past, the tone of the NP3 would vary from "stainless" to a light-ish gold. Robar would say that it depended on the freshness of the chemical tank, and how many sycles it had been through. This was years ago, when there were few add-on finishes for pistols
    No sign of a gold tint, I would not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I have mentioned this a few times but in 1999 my mentor had his duty P220 NP3'd...

He shot almost 2k rounds through it without cleaning to make sure it was ready for duty, and cleaned the gun with a wet paper towel.

My retired duty 1911 will be going in the next year, and when I get my suppressed upper for my AR this year, the boltcarrier group will go before shot one gets fired. I am toying with getting the barrel with the pinned and welded muzzle brake/suppressor mount done as well.

pat
    I have a Sionics NP3 BCG and its awesome. Even suppressed, just spray it with CLP and wipe clean.

I recently sent two factory BHP magazines to Wright for NP3+. I figured that the time was right, since I'm awaiting delivery of a Kramer holster for the pistol.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

[QUOTE=Sauer Koch;1067887]For those interested, I sent it off to Wright Armory back on 12-10-19, and just got it back last Wednesday. I've heard that was a normal wait time even for Robar, but Debbie at CT told me on the phone their turn around time, once they receive the parts, it 4-6 weeks, so the rest of it is shipping, disassembly & reassembly, which I assume can vary from one dealer to the next, although there are only five right now, including Cajun Gun Works, which only deals with CZ.

That being said, the wait was brutal, especially considering that I was initially told 4-6 wks. Overall, in terms of my level of satisfaction with the NP3+ itself, I'm VERY happy/impressed! As far as WA handling my gun, and the overall service they provided, not so much. To be fair, on the phone, and by email, they were professional and courteous, but to make a long story short, if I want to have NP3 applied to another gun, I will use another dealer.
    [QUOTE]

I have many guns done in NP3, with the first in 1995. Several P7M8/P7M13/P7M10, AR15, HK91, Glocks, Sigs.....

But this is the first time I used the new method of going thru a dealer. I found it really frustrating.

I disassembled everything on a Glock 36 and sent the parts to Wright Armory. They logged them in on 2/19/2020.
    WA sent the parts to CTI on 3/13/2020. Knowing the CTI turn time I was not happy with the delay.

In the meantime I bought a Glock 19 slide from Suarez International they sent to CTI for NP3. I got that back in about 5 weeks.

I still dont have my G36 parts back, I asked WA to call CTI and get an ETA but I havent gotten a response.

5 months is more than enough time to have this done. There is no wait time for disassembly or reassembly, I only sent the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I'll share the details by PM if anyone cares to know, considering you may have thought of using them.

I dont think I can send you a PM now (Im new to the group)

Can you send me one with the info?

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I recently sent two factory BHP magazines to Wright for NP3+. I figured that the time was right, since I'm awaiting delivery of a Kramer holster for the pistol.
    You have plenty of time. to wait for the holster!

Im still waiting on a Glock slide and parts that Wright logged in on Feb 19.

Site Supporter
    I have had four handguns finished in NP3. I love the finish. I should have kept the guns just because of the finish.

Another reason NOT to use Wright Armory.

I finally got the notice my parts were ready after 5 months.

I noticed they had a $25 ship charge to go 35 miles. Here is their reply as well as my responses to their attempt at justification:

> There are a few factors that go into the shipping cost.
    >
    > 1. When a complete gun gets shipped in it's fairly easy to have the package contents ship in a similar size on the return trip as the gun gets reassembled and padded as it came in and that's it.
    > When a gun is sent in for refinishing in pieces its a different story. After coating the pieces require more wrapping and padding to ensure they do not get scratched during transit,
    > which increases the dimensions of the return shipping package which in turn increases the shipping cost.

The dimensions are not going to be significant enough of a change.

> 2. Even though this shipment does not include the frame all of our shipments are required by both fedex as well as the ATF to be sent direct signature required, which is an additional charge.

Being as none of these parts constitute a firearm by ATF standards, and are parts, thats not the case.

> 3. We purchase insurance for the total replacement value of the contents, so that in the extreme case that your package goes missing you have enough of a payout to replace the gun and the coating.
    > You paid us $270 for the coating and currently you are going to pay ~ $600 before tax for a glock, so we insured it for $900.

Well, no. I dont pay that, I get them either blue label or directly from Glock, and that price is for a complete firearm.

>
    > You are more than welcome to pick up this order or any future orders in person if you would like to save on the shipping costs.

Not only can I not do that due to medical reasons, the ship costs should have been expressly listed and I would have probably used another dealer to send these to CTI.

>
    > Hopefully that helps to relieve any of the confusion it sounds like you may have had about what goes into the shipping cost.
    There is no confusion, it is way too much.

User Tag List