Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My P30 with NP3+

I recommend that you use anyone OTHER than Wright Firearms.

Your payment has been received, and your package will ship out today. I appreciate your analysis of our shipping processes and our relationship with our carrier as it pertains to our industry, although very creative it is incorrect. Shipping costs are not fixed so they cannot be "expressly listed". It sounds like you will be much happier in the future using one of the other CT dealers. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! Please stay safe and stay healthy! Kind Regards, Brian Wright Owner

I asked WA about doing an alloy frame (SIG P938), as I know the anodizing must be chemically stripped prior to plating. Their answer did not give me too much confidence to send it out... so I will hold that until I find someone I’d trust to do the prep.

Robar did two shotguns and an Airweight revolver for me... NP3+ on all. Robar did good work. When the stripped the anodizing on my 642, they had to redo the serial number on the butt since it lightened up too much. Was good because I originally had Hogue grips... and the stirrup scratched the area up.

If it isn’t a long gun or an alloy frame, I use CCR. Smaller shop, but do great work and stand behind their work. My CZ SP-01 will be heading that way. If they can do my TAC-14, it will also head down there.

The finish on your P30 came out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by kihnspiracy View Post
    The finish on your P30 came out really well.
    Thank you. Yes, I’m very impressed with the end result, in spite of the process of getting it done, which is equally unpleasant; at least it was for me.

@Screwball...I have full confidence in CTI...they do amazing work. The ‘in between‘ process is another story. If and when I send off another gun, all I know is it will NOT be through Wright. The evidence against them seems to keep building, but use who you like. Robar had many years of experience with this process, and it’s a shame that is gone, although some of their employees work for Wright, that doesn’t necessarily mean the Quality of the overall service will be the same.
    On the West coast, the next option is Vang Comp.

I know Bruce Gray uses CCR, so I’m assuming their finish is very nice as well. I’m not sure what is different between the two companies and their finishes?

I spoke with WA today, and they said the most likely scenario, is that I have a Medium TRS, since that it all they have in the shop, besides the Light springs. So, this means I now have a V4 LEM. I'll continue to shoot it more, and see what I think of it; I just wanted to know what Variant I had, knowing the spring was different.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I asked WA about doing an alloy frame (SIG P938), as I know the anodizing must be chemically stripped prior to plating. Their answer did not give me too much confidence to send it out... so I will hold that until I find someone I’d trust to do the prep.

Robar did two shotguns and an Airweight revolver for me... NP3+ on all. Robar did good work. When the stripped the anodizing on my 642, they had to redo the serial number on the butt since it lightened up too much. Was good because I originally had Hogue grips... and the stirrup scratched the area up.

If it isn’t a long gun or an alloy frame, I use CCR. Smaller shop, but do great work and stand behind their work. My CZ SP-01 will be heading that way. If they can do my TAC-14, it will also head down there.
    As far as the NP3 goes, send it to CTI (Robar is now closed). Here is a photo of my 938.

If I were you I would use someone other than WA. There are several dealers across the Country that deal with the finishing to CTI.

Name:  938-1.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  37.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I recently sent two factory BHP magazines to Wright for NP3+. I figured that the time was right, since I'm awaiting delivery of a Kramer holster for the pistol.
    I received notice on 12/30 that my magazines were ready, and I unboxed them Monday 01/11/21.

Name:  IMG_20210111_190446573[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  58.3 KB

While the wait was long, I like the result.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I received notice on 12/30 that my magazines were ready, and I unboxed them Monday 01/11/21.

Name:  IMG_20210111_190446573[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  58.3 KB

While the wait was long, I like the result.
    Wow, only 7 months!

To me, it's a very fascinating finish, enjoy!

User Tag List