Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun with revolvers

If only Ruger would bridge the gap and give us a Vaquero with a J Frame style adjustable rear sight from the factory for less than the cost of a custom...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    If only Ruger would bridge the gap and give us a Vaquero with a J Frame style adjustable rear sight from the factory for less than the cost of a custom...

Funny, in the 80s I thought it would be cool to make a fixed sight Ruger SA, similar to Colts SAAs. After having Vaqueros over the years, I keep thinking about having an S&W K frame rear sight added to a vaquero and getting another Colt Flat Top Target front made to match it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I'm still lying to myself and saying I'm only going to own one single action. Denial is fine! It's. Fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I have that problem with hog wallow sights, too.
    Ruger had a marvel of marketing when they took the adjustable sight off the Blackhawk, called it a Vaquero, raised the price, and sold a barge load.
    Doesn’t the Vaquero use a steel grip frame?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Doesn’t the Vaquero use a steel grip frame?

Yes.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Funny, in the 80s I thought it would be cool to make a fixed sight Ruger SA, similar to Colts SAAs. After having Vaqueros over the years, I keep thinking about having an S&W K frame rear sight added to a vaquero and getting another Colt Flat Top Target front made to match it.
    Or, you could just go buy a Blackhawk...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Or, you could just go buy a Blackhawk...

That would seem the simple answer, but Im not particularly fond of the ugly (to me) factory sights and a host of other things about them. The Vaquero already has 25 years of history with me, and many hours of work on it. Besides, Smith K sights on single actions have a certain panache of their own.

ETA...Besides, already have a Blackhawk, which had many hours of work in it also.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-15-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List