Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NYPD to disband anti-crime unit

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Please tell us a dick story. Too, I'm curious if the jerks acted in jerk fashion to each other, or if they picked only on us nice guys.
    Not at all unusual for LEOs to treat other LEOs poorly. I've had highway guys in South FL give me a hard time while blue lighting to an active scene. Highway guy in NYC telling a buddy who was dropping me off at the airport to stay off his highway. A sergeant who got paid off to look the other way after some drinking and carousing that went on in a local watering hole among agents from three agencies.

Inter-agency rivalries and squabbles sometimes get pretty heated up...and sometimes come to blows.

Like any other group of people, LEOs are not immune from poor judgment and bad behavior in how they treat one another.

And sometimes even banter between colleagues will get one in a jackpot with the thought police...even 20 years ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not at all unusual for LEOs to treat other LEOs poorly. I've had highway guys in South FL give me a hard time while blue lighting to an active scene.
    A gentleman never tells. But there was the time on a protective detail in Houston where a city officer pulled over and ticketed the MARKED HPD tail car we had running code at the back of our convoy. Or the NYPD guys who wouldn't let any of my detail members into the WTC Memorial armed when we took ADM McRaven there (only let in the PSA, everyone else had to stay outside). Or...

But, I've got a 1,000 good news story for every one of those "dick" moments.

Site Supporter
    I recall an officer from an allied agency posting on another forum that NYPD would not let him into the 9/11 Memorial while armed during a ceremony. He thought it was odd. He had been at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and no one was concerned that he was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I recall an officer from an allied agency posting on another forum that NYPD would not let him into the 9/11 Memorial while armed during a ceremony. He thought it was odd. He had been at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and no one was concerned that he was armed.
    No one other than on-duty NYPD may enter the 9/11 memorial museum armed. There is a nearby precinct sub-office where visiting LE may check their guns in so they can visit the memorial, at least there was a few years ago when I last visited. Totally worth disarming to go.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Did this a few months ago. The officers in the Pct near WTC were awesome.

2 Black leaders ask NYPD to restore anti-crime unit after more gun violence

Now, Brooklyn Borough president and former cop Eric Adams says it’s time to take another look.

“I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate,” Adams told CBS2. “Right now, bad guys are saying, ‘if you don’t see a blue and white you can do whatever you want.’”

Tony Herbert, a Black community activist, agrees.

“The guns keep going off and now we have a 1-year-old and the blood is on the hands of the mayor and the state Legislature,” Herbert told CBS2.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post

Now, Brooklyn Borough president and former cop Eric Adams says it’s time to take another look.

“I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate,” Adams told CBS2. “Right now, bad guys are saying, ‘if you don’t see a blue and white you can do whatever you want.’”

Tony Herbert, a Black community activist, agrees.

“The guns keep going off and now we have a 1-year-old and the blood is on the hands of the mayor and the state Legislature,” Herbert told CBS2.

It was inevitable and only a matter of time before folks would see that the baby was thrown out with the bathwater.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post

Eric Adams was also one of the local NYC politicians who were most active in pushing the recent Defund campaign. He's not looked on kindly by many in the NYPD, despite his having retired as a Captain from said agency. He's also running for NYC Mayor...
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List