Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Glock 19s Sell Off or Not?

Same here, @SAWBONES. I bought my first Glock, a 12/88 built G19 while working down in Miami. It was carried on and off duty through retirement. Too much a part of my past to part with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I bought two NIB Gen 2 G19s from Don Streicher's Police Supply in 1989, my first Glocks ever.
    He kindly gave them to me for the LE price even though I wasn't LE.

Gave one of them as a gift to my then wife-to-be in 1993 when she (smart girl!) evinced an interest in owning a firearm.

Had the slides hard chromed after they began to get pretty worn, maybe twenty years ago.

Had the prescribed Glock factory upgrades, and later got Heinie sights.
    Nary a malfunction after break in. I still have the original four non-metal-lined magazines (some with witness-hole cracks), booklets, brushes and boxes.

Nowadays they run with modern OEM magazines, otherwise they're stock except for Wolff springs and guide rods plus Glock 3.5# connectors, OEM extended slidestop levers, and Striker Control Devices. (Some day I'll replace those Wolff parts with current OEM RSAs.)

No frame cracks, undue wear or any other problems even after 30+ years.
    I never intend to sell them.
    I would not sell those!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    All Gen 2 glocks can be shipped to Mass dealers (and some gen 2.5). Some funky bs involving the AG'S "list of appropriate firearms" prevents dealers from directly selling gen 3 and newer glocks.
    Pre AWB full capacity mags can be sold here and go for a premium.
    Back in 2004, I had a dude with a Massachusetts FFL show up at the shop where I worked in Knoxville, TN. He was in town for some convention or another for his day job, but he hit all the local gun shops during his off hours.

He had a list of cutoff date serial numbers for each Glock model and anything in the showcase with a lower serial number, he bought for cash on the barrelhead, at our retail price on the tag, with no dickering. I'm sure he made a profit that was worth the hassle.

Nothing like the government's thumb on a scale to make markets wonky.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. The four G19s are on their way to a consignment sale at:

https://fsguns.com/

The good folks in MA get some pistols, I get $100-150 each more than if I sell locally assuming they sell and The Four Seasons folks keep their end of the bargain and send me a check.

I really appreciate all the input. I did not know of the need for Gen 2 pistols in MA.
    Carl@4 seasons is a solid guy. I don't know how long they'll last there, but gen 2s are a hot commodity for those in MA without the special glock handshake. They usually keep a wall of gen 2s.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are compared to us Massholes. Old, busted glocks, and only "Pre (Maura) Healy 2016 AWB" rifles. Towns that will only issue target/hunting LTC, or restricted LTC for the first year. Purposefully opaque Laws designed to trip us up to set precedent. We basically have to become Law students to get our Rights
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 06-23-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Back in 2004, I had a dude with a Massachusetts FFL show up at the shop where I worked in Knoxville, TN. He was in town for some convention or another for his day job, but he hit all the local gun shops during his off hours.

He had a list of cutoff date serial numbers for each Glock model and anything in the showcase with a lower serial number, he bought for cash on the barrelhead, at our retail price on the tag, with no dickering. I'm sure he made a profit that was worth the hassle.

Nothing like the government's thumb on a scale to make markets wonky.
    I know there's a Tennesseean (?) Or 2 that makes a living collecting old pre AWB magazines down south to sell to us poor Massholes. Rusty old metal Parsons, FN, Colt AR mags with some provenance fetch $40 around these parts.

Most of our gun stores are a joke. Every thing has to be on the AG'S safe list. Eg, new glocks are too dangerous for the Peons. 10 lb triggers are almost mandatory. A lot of manufacturers won't even submit their new guns for Mass compliance testing-not worth the hassle. One day I'll taste freedom...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Well, one of my mine is gray, which is pretty special.
    I still really miss my gray 19.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    I know there's a Tennesseean (?) Or 2 that makes a living collecting old pre AWB magazines down south to sell to us poor Massholes. Rusty old metal Parsons, FN, Colt AR mags with some provenance fetch $40 around these parts.

Most of our gun stores are a joke. Every thing has to be on the AG'S safe list. Eg, new glocks are too dangerous for the Peons. 10 lb triggers are almost mandatory. A lot of manufacturers won't even submit their new guns for Mass compliance testing-not worth the hassle. One day I'll taste freedom...
    Its a joke up here. I have a formally anti friend interested in getting something for home defense. I explained the process to get a license (just to own BTW) a pistol and he couldn't believe how convoluted and expensive things were.

My favorite argument to make is MA gun laws are regressive and target low income working folks. Someone like me who is lucky enough to work a white collar job that allows me the time off and provides and income to afford the nonsense can get a gun, but a working stiff that can't take time off during the week is basically unable to.

Sorry about the rant, but thank you for sending more free guns to MA.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Just curious...

Is there as much remunerative interest in Gen 3 Glock 19s, or just the out of print Gen 2s?
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Just curious...

Is there as much remunerative interest in Gen 3 Glock 19s, or just the out of print Gen 2s?
    It's the date of manufacture that's important. I don't know how many...if any...true Gen3 Glocks slide under the cutoff date. I think all true FG/R Gen 3's are too new.

I think some "Gen 2.5" FG/NR guns make the cutoff.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's the date of manufacture that's important. I don't know how many...if any...true Gen3 Glocks slide under the cutoff date. I think all true FG/R Gen 3's are too new.

I think some "Gen 2.5" FG/NR guns make the cutoff.
    Thank you for confirming that.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List