Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Glock 19s Sell Off or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I had similar with a Gen 4 and same level of customer service...by chance did yours split at the bottom of the lanyard loop hole?
    No, it was on the side. Like a crescent shaped bite.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I don’t need know what I’d do, since I’ve never accumulated 4 examples of anything. I know I’d take a good deal on a 19 for my son, and he’d not be picky about what gen it was, but that would probably be the only pistol he’d have for ... maybe his whole life.
    I actually picked these up for the kids to have some day originally. That is what I told myself anyway.

Hammertime
    If anyone has contacts with a reliable FFL in Massachusetts I am willing to ship these. Probably best to take it by PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    gen2 G19s aren't special. Get what you can for them.
    At one point they seemed to have a bit of a following among the sliver of the Venn diagram for folks that hate finger grooves AND hate dremel tools, but the Gen 5s seem to have cured that.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I would get rid of them if you aren't going to use them. That is my utilitarian side speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    At one point they seemed to have a bit of a following among the sliver of the Venn diagram for folks that hate finger grooves AND hate dremel tools, but the Gen 5s seem to have cured that.
    I have a G2 19 and 22. I've worn the finish off the 22 in spots and the grips need to be stippled as they almost smooth. They've always seemed to be less clunky than newer models; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age, so to speak.

I vote keep them!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My Gen 2 developed a crack in the frame at the mag well. Glock replaced it gratis with a Gen 3 frame a couple years back. So now I have a Gen 2 slide / assembly on a Gen 3 frame. At first I was disappointed, but I got over it quickly. Fortunately, the grooves fit my fingers.
    I have a regional jail trade in G17 G2 that has a small crack at the side of the mag well. I probably should contact the mothership.
    My G19 G2 was bought from the estate of a revered co-worker who passed about ten years ago. That one will not be sold in my lifetime. It got a new set of Ameriglo I-dots a couple of years ago after the vintage front steel sight broke off.
    I am contemplating selling the 17 to dip my toes into the Gen 5 pool with a G19 to vet for carry and use the G2 as a range gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    All Gen 2 glocks can be shipped to Mass dealers (and some gen 2.5). Some funky bs involving the AG'S "list of appropriate firearms" prevents dealers from directly selling gen 3 and newer glocks.
    Pre AWB full capacity mags can be sold here and go for a premium.
    I have a few pre ban non drop free G17 and one G19 mag that I don't use. These have the "U" cutout on the upper back of the mag versus the later rectangular cutout.
    How would one go about legally selling these in MA and what would be a fair price for them? Or are the non drop free ones even wanted anywhere anymore? Just wondering....

Keep one and sell the rest. They're not doing anything constructive for you, and divesting yourself of them would give you the opportunity to get something more viable for you-and you'd be making 3 other propective Glock owners happy. Now that the Gen5s are out, those who don't like finger grooves are satisfied. My thoughts are that the "gold standard" G19s are the Gen 3s and the Gen5s. Win-win!

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I have a few pre ban non drop free G17 and one G19 mag that I don't use. These have the "U" cutout on the upper back of the mag versus the later rectangular cutout.
    How would one go about legally selling these in MA and what would be a fair price for them? Or are the non drop free ones even wanted anywhere anymore? Just wondering....
    AFAIK there is nothing written in Law explaining the sales process. It would be excessively wordy, and specific, to be airtight. Especially for a market as small as old, used glock mags. If I was in the process of selling them, I would ask a Mass resident for a copy/photo of LTC that displays Class A (Large Capacity) License to Carry.
    Drop free pre bans command a premium.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

User Tag List