Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Glock 19s Sell Off or Not?

Hammertime

Gen 2 Glock 19s Sell Off or Not?

My local gun deal absolutely can not get their hands on G19s.

I have a lot of four Gen 2s I bought to help out a friend. They shoot okay but I actually never shoot them.

Well used. One has MPDC markings and is a retired cop gun I guess.

Name:  5719C0A4-5CA9-44DF-B7BD-6C4DBF8D6F6B.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  61.4 KB

I am kind of leaning toward selling off three and keeping one for a Gen 2 example. I just don’t know if these are ultra collectible or something. Should I be gun brokering them instead? I don’t know what they will sell for locally, but it seems the East button to just drop them at the shop. I don’t really have a use for them. I just don’t want to take a huge bath if they are actually valuable due to age, because that is not the market they will be seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My local gun deal absolutely can not get their hands on G19s.

I have a lot of four Gen 2s I bought to help out a friend. They shoot okay but I actually never shoot them.

Well used. One has MPDC markings and is a retired cop gun I guess.

Name:  5719C0A4-5CA9-44DF-B7BD-6C4DBF8D6F6B.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  61.4 KB

I am kind of leaning toward selling off three and keeping one for a Gen 2 example. I just don’t know if these are ultra collectible or something. Should I be gun brokering them instead? I don’t know what they will sell for locally, but it seems the East button to just drop them at the shop. I don’t really have a use for them. I just don’t want to take a huge bath if they are actually valuable due to age, because that is not the market they will be seeing here.
    Living in Massachusetts, and having a "new gen glock ban" here, I'd buy a shooter at what you'd consider to be a premium price!

If I am not mistaken, the locking block and firing pin on those are not MIM. Always preferred them to the Gen 3 and Gen 4. I guess the Gen 5 is the new hotness, but I'd take a proven Gen 2 I already owned over an unproven Gen 5 any day. I'd vote keep.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    Living in Massachusetts, and having a "new gen glock ban" here, I'd buy a shooter at what you'd consider to be a premium price!
    I am confused. Don’t know MA law: these can be shipped to MA? I assume without mag, although I have a one “LE ONLY” marked mag for them. I certainly don’t have any mags that hold less than 10 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the locking block and firing pin on those are not MIM. Always preferred them to the Gen 3 and Gen 4. I guess the Gen 5 is the new hotness, but I'd take a proven Gen 2 I already owned over an unproven Gen 5 any day. I'd vote keep.
    My Gen 2 developed a crack in the frame at the mag well. Glock replaced it gratis with a Gen 3 frame a couple years back. So now I have a Gen 2 slide / assembly on a Gen 3 frame. At first I was disappointed, but I got over it quickly. Fortunately, the grooves fit my fingers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I don’t need know what I’d do, since I’ve never accumulated 4 examples of anything. I know I’d take a good deal on a 19 for my son, and he’d not be picky about what gen it was, but that would probably be the only pistol he’d have for ... maybe his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am confused. Don’t know MA law: these can be shipped to MA? I assume without mag, although I have a one “LE ONLY” marked mag for them. I certainly don’t have any mags that hold less than 10 rounds.
    All Gen 2 glocks can be shipped to Mass dealers (and some gen 2.5). Some funky bs involving the AG'S "list of appropriate firearms" prevents dealers from directly selling gen 3 and newer glocks.
    Pre AWB full capacity mags can be sold here and go for a premium.
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 06-15-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My Gen 2 developed a crack in the frame at the mag well. Glock replaced it gratis with a Gen 3 frame a couple years back. So now I have a Gen 2 slide / assembly on a Gen 3 frame. At first I was disappointed, but I got over it quickly. Fortunately, the grooves fit my fingers.
    I had similar with a Gen 4 and same level of customer service...by chance did yours split at the bottom of the lanyard loop hole?

It's an excellent time to dump excess guns, and even .40s are moving.

gen2 G19s aren't special. Get what you can for them.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I have a PD trade-in Gen 2 G19 that was my stalwart carry pistol for years and years. I have 100% faith in that pistol.

Seems that selling them to folks 'behind the lines' that cannot get newer models would be win/win on getting the best price and helping out people who have genuine need.

User Tag List