View Poll Results: Should PF have a "Political Discussion" sub-forum?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, herd the cats into one pen.

45 58.44%
  • No, leave it like it is

32 41.56%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics sub-forum

I voted "no" an hour or two back, but I could live with some sort of descriptor to warn off the innocent. Not everyone enjoys the same cup of tea.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I voted "no" an hour or two back, but I could live with some sort of descriptor to warn off the innocent. Not everyone enjoys the same cup of tea.
    Well, yeah. A cup isn't a lot of tea so nobody would get very much. It's also more sanitary if everyone has their own cup.

Everyone should have their own cup of tea.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Well, yeah. A cup isn't a lot of tea so nobody would get very much. It's also more sanitary if everyone has their own cup.

Everyone should have their own cup of tea.
    You see how you po-leece roll? Here I was trying to meet you halfway...but you had to get all up in my face. Now we gonna have to take it down to the nitty-gritty.

You see how you po-leece roll? Here I was trying to meet you halfway...but you had to get all up in my face. Now we gonna have to take it down to the nitty-gritty.

I'm just going to give a 'like' to the video. The rest of what you all 're doin', I don't get.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That's right, I didn't properly extend my statement to answer your question. Site supporters generally provide better content than non-site-supporters because they're invested in the forum, and because it is a good and valid thing to recognize that someone is providing you with value and to in turn reward them with money.

I did not state the negative on purpose. I don't assert that people who don't choose to be site supporters have poor character, just that people who are have evidenced good character.
    You didn't ask me but I've always thought you added to any conversation you participated in...and have never viewed anything of yours that comes to mind as objectionable.
    Not to turn a nice divisive thread into a love-fest, but I have to say I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond so cordially. Another venue I had a conversation in today was nearly abusive in the way I was shouted down for simply trying to get someone to listen to a moderate opinion which I stated that I found to be persuasive, and the contrast coming back here and finding your replies waiting for me is downright refreshing.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

I like Southern Culture on the Skids' version better...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I like Southern Culture on the Skids' version better...
    North Carolina, yo!

Not completely on topic, but I'd like to see an INTEL forum, and a separate discussion thread in GD created for an active event

Say, for example, we have riots in a specific city. I'd like to have a thread in the INTEL forum with only info (first hand accounts, news links, videos, etc.) and without commentary. We might have residents or LE working the area, that would like uncluttered INFO on the situation, that they might not have otherwise. They don't have the time or opportunity so sift through the BS, and their well-being can benefit from the clarity of info. A discussion thread of the event can be in GD.

This format would work, for Active Shooters, Hurricanes, Wildfires, Amber Alerts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Not completely on topic, but I'd like to see an INTEL forum, and a separate discussion thread in GD created for an active event

Say, for example, we have riots in a specific city. I'd like to have a thread in the INTEL forum with only info (first hand accounts, news links, videos, etc.) and without commentary. We might have residents or LE working the area, that would like uncluttered INFO on the situation, that they might not have otherwise. They don't have the time or opportunity so sift through the BS, and their well-being can benefit from the clarity of info. A discussion thread of the event can be in GD.

This format would work, for Active Shooters, Hurricanes, Wildfires, Amber Alerts, etc.
    If my memory serves me correctly, the thread on lightfighter for the Christopher Dorner manhunt is an excellent example of this.

I'm on Tapatalk at the moment, so I can't see the poll. Yes, we need a subforum, and it should be open to all after six months of membership or some such fairly long probationary period. Not keen on keeping such a thing site-supporter only.

User Tag List