Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P-Fondler tool (approved by LL)

That looks great!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Word.

Thank you @LittleLebowski for the thread move and the permission.

To the rest of you, just be aware that if you show people this thing and tell them it's your P-Fondler Tool expect some uncomfortable looks.

Site Supporter
    Gearfondler,

I have had a Fubar on my bailout bag since my first Level 1 ALERRT course. Will you work on a stock Fubar that I send you?

pat

Pardon my dumb: is this a weapon, multitool, bit o' both or more? As someone who appreciates metalworking, it's an impressive transformation and looks sweet -- frankly, I want one just based on that, so kudos.

What are the top three expected uses?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Pardon my dumb: is this a weapon, multitool, bit o' both or more? As someone who appreciates metalworking, it's an impressive transformation and looks sweet -- frankly, I want one just based on that, so kudos.

Breaching, breaching, and smacking the crap out of someone who really needs it.

My Fubar on my bail out bag is intended to be the breeching setup I don't currently have.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-16-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Breeching, breeching, and smacking the crap out of someone who really needs it...
    The latter technically also breeching, yes?

Thank you for explaining...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    The latter technically also breeching, yes?

Thank you for explaining...
    The ALERRT level 1 course includes in extremis breeching, and hostage rescue, previously the domain of SWAT.

I have no problems breaching a skull when necessary, even with such a rounded tool as a flashlight.

The ALERRT ERASE course goes even farther into giving patrol cops more training in in extremis rescues.

I literally just within the last two weeks watched a fire crew with a hammer (the back of an axe head) and a Halligan tool breech the door of a fast food restaurant firebombed. By peaceful protesters. Damned protesters, burning down a restaurant because the logo is a white girl with red hair....

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-16-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Gearfondler,

I have had a Fubar on my bailout bag since my first Level 1 ALERRT course. Will you work on a stock Fubar that I send you?

pat
    Sure, if you wanted to mail it to me I'd knock off $40 from the total... I'd just charge $210 when it was finished.

The “parent” thread, in which this discussion started, is in the Rifles/Carbine section. SouthNarc’s breaching hammer, being visible, in his pack, with his SIG Rattler, started the the sidebar discussion, which took on a life of its own.

I bought several of an earlier version of the Stanley FUBAR; one for the home/family, one for my personal vehicle, which I carried with me on patrol, and at least one more, gifted to a colleague, on my patrol shift. The original device is a pry bar, nail puller, hammer, hook, and something I cannot name, but is used to grab a piece of warped lumber, and pull/twist it into place while constructing things, or, grab a piece of lumber, and pull/twist, while destructing things. These are the non-emergency uses that come to mind. The emergency uses would include breaching, and rescue of folks trapped inside structures, in a situation ranging from a weather event or fire, to a mass-homicidal event. Some killers have barricaded doors/windows, and, even if that is not the case, one may need to force entry through a normally-locked door or window, or go right through a wall.

If a home or other structure has been hardened, at the doors and windows, for security, one may elect to create a field-expedient door.

The device, itself, has shifted, somewhat, from my originals. At one point, there were two or three sizes available, if I recall correctly.

One problem, with the tool, itself: The tool, as sold by the BORG (Big Orange Retail Giant) is not only heavy, but its balance makes it unwieldy. It is FAR heavier than a carpenter’s framing hammer. GearFondler’s modifications should help remedy this, though the capability of pulling nails and twisting lumber would be removed. Arguably, one should have an original version, for the home and/or vehicle, while sending another to GearFondler, for conversion to the backpack version.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List