Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Olight announces their SF Scout competitor today

Got it to work. I was just being stupid. The MBUS bolt head rubs on the light body and likely pushes it slightly outboard, but it appears to function. Thanks for the help.
    Name:  79896EDA-DE3D-48E5-B602-BC0933DA3DC0.jpeg
Views: 544
Size:  15.5 KB

Thanks LL, the WML was the piece missing from my KISS carbine.
    Name:  C511022C-7533-4087-9052-02CC7788F7F0.jpeg
Views: 546
Size:  26.6 KB
    David S.

See? All you needed was a bigger hammer.

Site Supporter
    Anyone mounting their Odin with a Scout mount or something else?

If so, I’m interested in buying your stock Olight mount.
    I’d like to be able to quickly swap the light between two ARs.

I received mine last week (Thursday I think) , but was in a week long class with Massad Ayoob and then Sunday flew out to NOLA so I did not have time before to mount the light. I was able to rectify that last night.

Put it on the 1301 in exactly the way I wanted and everything about it was super easy, with the sole exception of it taking a loooong time to fully charge the light. Good and easy operation, light worked well, and it seems about as secure as a shotgun light will get. I probably won't be able to shoot it for a a couple of weeks, but nothing had given me an indication it won't run smoothly.

I also really like the little extra EDC light they sent. It has replaced the Stiletto for work dress carry ( on a Pocket Shield). Good little bonus.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    I finally received my two Odin bundles on Monday. I never got any email notification about shipping or anything like that, but at least I finally got them. I didn't have time to open the package or even know it was the Odin bundles until I got around to it today.

I gotta say, aside from the same long charging time that Mr Burch observed, I'm very pleased with it for the money. The pressure switch mount is surprisingly good, the button logic is very good, the light is very bright, even, and full and I'm very happy with the result.

I'm still deciding how I'm going to mount it on my KAC-railed 6933 pistol build, but I love the slick mounting solution for it, it gives me a lot of options!

Is anyone aware of a pocket clip for this?
    Taking a break from social media.

Warrior X Turbo vs Pro for a handheld light?

The Turbo “only” has 1,100 lumens, but 250k candela.
    The Pro has 2,250 lumen and 90k candela.

I don’t understand any of this.

I know I couldn’t clearly identify a critter about 50 yards away on a dark night with my Fenix UC35. Guessing it was a coyote.
    Last edited by David S.; 10-13-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    David S.

Fwiw, a few hundred various shotshells into the experiment with one of these on a 1301.

Shooting a demo yesterday and the locking mechanism on the mount had switched to unlock. After the third or fourth shot of six, the light ejected itself from the mount and hit mother earth. Re-mounted & re-locked it without issue.

So far, it's not a bad light.

New Surefire Scout, 300 lumens for $300:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-pro-surefire/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    New Surefire Scout, 300 lumens for $300:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-pro-surefire/
    I feel like surefire has been putting out worse products than the competition for a while now. This does nothing to change my mind.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List