Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Olight announces their SF Scout competitor today

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Kinda curious about the claimed 2000 lumens and 300 yard range 🙄
    Has anyone compared this side by side with the Surefire Scout dual fuel?
    youtube video

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday, and I already put the i5T into my pocket to replace my missing Microstream.

My only aggravation was they removed the accessories from their website during the sale, because I would have ordered at least a couple extra clips. I need to remove the hat piece, because I find that catches on so much stuff, that is a good chunk of why I lose flashlights.
    Interesting switch, press for on, hold for a few seconds for full on/bright. (probably make my battery last longer)
    I order the i5T every time I make an order. Just a handy little light and priced right.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I order the i5T every time I make an order. Just a handy little light and priced right.
    I'm liking the i5T, so far as a utility light. When coming up on a high power, there is a relatively quick but visible delay to full power. Is that normal?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'm liking the i5T, so far as a utility light. When coming up on a high power, there is a relatively quick but visible delay to full power. Is that normal?
    Yup.
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Only thing I'd change about it is to recess the tailcap a little bit. Otherwise it's the perfect little pocket light.

I need help mounting this Odin.

I currently have a rail section mounted at 3 o’clock. I want to use the Olight factory mount set so the light would end at 1:30.

Is there a taller than standard (Hi profile?) MLOK rail section out there? The massive MBUS mounting screwhead is preventing me from installing the light in that vertical position. I need the rail section to be a 1/8” - 1/4” taller than the MI unit that I got.

I’m open to any other inexpensive solutions.

Name:  A609521E-AA4A-4AB1-BDAD-EA0B41FA9372.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  21.2 KB
    Last edited by David S.; 07-08-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

I currently have a rail section mounted at 3 o’clock. I want to use the Olight factory mount set so the light would end at 1:30.

Is there a taller than standard (Hi profile?) MLOK rail section out there? The massive MBUS mounting screwhead is preventing me from installing the light in that vertical position. I need the rail section to be a 1/8” - 1/4” taller than the MI unit that I got.

Ehh...ugly, but might work.

https://www.amazon.com/Slots-Profile.../dp/B00BG22T5A
    #RESIST

That's not what I'm looking for. Too long and would ultimately raise the height too much Thanks tho.

I've added a pic to the above post. Hopefully it clarifies. Best I can tell, the standard rail section is 0.377" tall. I think I need something about a half inch tall. Or a riser that accomplishes the same.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

Name:  A609521E-AA4A-4AB1-BDAD-EA0B41FA9372.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  21.2 KB
    You could move the MBUS to another location. I've ran the BUIS behind the weapon light/pressure switch a few times. Light placement>BUIS placement

It's not super streamlined, but considering Low Profile rail section (0.277") + a 1/2" rail riser.

A 1/8" - 3/16" or so piece of polymer or aluminum that goes between the MLOK rail and the rail section would be seem perfect.
    David S.

User Tag List