Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Praise for the ESEE Izula

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I like my Izulas. Very functional, less "pokey-stabby" appearing than many others.

What's the current, favored sheath? OEM is functional, always looking for better.
    Tom @DSG makes a nice horizontal belt sheath for the Izula, if you don't mind that method.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tom @DSG makes a nice horizontal belt sheath for the Izula, if you don't mind that method.
    Yes he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Student
    I should have bought an Izula instead of the the ESEE-5 way back when I was interested in fixed knives.

Also, since knockoffs are a thing to worry about, know that the seller in the Amazon links, Prime Valley, is the one and the same as Tactical Intent, which is an authorized dealer.

Site Supporter
    I have an Izula and *had* a Candiru. I found the Candiru a bit too small for my tastes (and I generally like smaller fixed blades). The Izula is about perfect.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I have an Izula and *had* a Candiru. I found the Candiru a bit too small for my tastes (and I generally like smaller fixed blades). The Izula is about perfect.

Chris
    I found the same thing. I tried (twice!) to EDC a Candiru (back when they came with nylon/velcro sheaths), but it just didn't work for me keeping it in my pocket. The Candiru is a little too small (but still fun to have); the Izula is just right.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    If anyone has trouble deciding between the Izula and Izula 2, The Knife Connection offers extended handles.
    They make the Izula even more versatile.

https://theknifeconnection.com/tkc-h...zula-extended/

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    If anyone has trouble deciding between the Izula and Izula 2, The Knife Connection offers extended handles.
    They make the Izula even more versatile.

https://theknifeconnection.com/tkc-h...zula-extended/
    Dang. This may cost me some money. My main complaint about the Izula is the rectangular grips. Those look better.

My kid as a 12 yo scout batonned across a 12” log over several hours with the Izula. Tough little bugger.

I roll my I2 in my front pocket for all outdoor activities around the house. Very tough useful for tasks blade shape. (oh and I stripped the black shit off the blade).

Slight necropost- I've been using the stock sheath with a small behind the belt DCC clip IWB. Works like a charm, more secure and less bulky than the stock clip, still easy to take on and off, works on any kind of pants.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Slight necropost- I've been using the stock sheath with a small behind the belt DCC clip IWB. Works like a charm, more secure and less bulky than the stock clip, still easy to take on and off, works on any kind of pants.
    Interesting. Are you using just one of them?
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List