Thread: Who’s already Roland’d a Glock 43x

Who’s already Roland’d a Glock 43x

I’ve got a G48 and have been tinkering with the idea of getting a Brownells 43x slide that’s cut for the RMS footprint optics. Been doing some research and found something similar to what I want on Suarez’s website. But I don’t wanna RMR on it. I’ve looked at Agency’s Comp and Suarez’s Comp and they both appeal to me. Has anyone here done this yet and if so, what components did you use?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I bought an Agency threaded barrel and mounted an Arc Division comp on my iron-sighted 43X. The comp was just okay. Fully reliable as far as feeding, but did not provide the amount of muzzle flip and recoil reduction I had hoped for. On the plus side, it did fit with room to spare in a JMCK holster sized for a G48. Two days ago I replaced the Arc with an Agency Arms 417 two port comp. It seems to work marginally better than the Arc, but is sort of ridiculously long (in relation to the pistol) - and is about 1/2” too long for the holster. No issues with reliability using 124 grain blazer and 147 grain Atlanta Arms poofter loads.

Either comp does an okay job in reducing muzzle flip and knocking the edge off of the recoil, but for the hassle and money, I’m not sure I would do it again. I’m inclined to shoot each comp back-to-back to see if the increase in performance of the 417 over the Arc Division is worth doing some surgery on the holster. I’m not convinced that this will be the case.

G43X RMR + comp

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post923145

Minus a weapon light because a TLR6 would be a waste of time and money imo.

I shot this setup from August to November 2019 to include a steel match and receiving a KD4 hat from his class and qual. The 2000 round test post listed the ammo shot (if not all was +P 9mm). The setup still beat up the hand but I'm able to nail A zone easily out past 50 yards.

Now I'm running it slick without comp or dot (using KD4 irons).

Watching with interest... I went with KKM when I did the project on a G26, but I keep thinking I need to go get a 43x top end for my G48.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I bought an Agency threaded barrel and mounted an Arc Division comp on my iron-sighted 43X. The comp was just okay. Fully reliable as far as feeding, but did not provide the amount of muzzle flip and recoil reduction I had hoped for. On the plus side, it did fit with room to spare in a JMCK holster sized for a G48. Two days ago I replaced the Arc with an Agency Arms 417 two port comp. It seems to work marginally better than the Arc, but is sort of ridiculously long (in relation to the pistol) - and is about 1/2” too long for the holster. No issues with reliability using 124 grain blazer and 147 grain Atlanta Arms poofter loads.

Either comp does an okay job in reducing muzzle flip and knocking the edge off of the recoil, but for the hassle and money, I’m not sure I would do it again. I’m inclined to shoot each comp back-to-back to see if the increase in performance of the 417 over the Arc Division is worth doing some surgery on the holster. I’m not convinced that this will be the case.
    I’ll be getting a JMCK holster that’s 34 length, so I don’t think the holster will be an issue. It sounds like a 43 slide w the Agency 2 port will be slightly longer than a 48, which is not a problem for me. I’m building a 19 Roland right now so this will probably be my next project.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

@Lon I've run the AA comp, ARC, and Suarez compy from a Victory First barrel on two different G43X's, one with a Shield RMSw the other just straight irons. They are effective in the order previously mentioned. The ARC works best ICJW a SS guide rod, but I like it without a SS guide rod as I don't trust them. It feels more like the AA comp when configured with the SS guide rod. The AA works really well on it's own but feels like a full size gun in terms of recoil with the AA comp and a SS guide rod, at least to me. The AA does best with hot ammo, I love it with Win 124gr Nato. None of the comps feel really useful unless you're running +P velocities, (at least to me).

If I did it all over again I wouldn't screw with any of the other comps I would buy a Tenicor Velo, Victory First threaded barrel, Arc Div Sparc, and Shield RMSw. I could take or leave the SS guide rod, if you do get one make sure that you get the one with the factory weighted springs not the reduced rate spring. The reduced weight SS RSA allows for slide movement because it can't over come the striker spring tension. Additionally the SS RSA's can have the screw back out from the front end and cause the gun to hang up. If you use one I would suggest only using it for range work and running a factory RSA for carry unless you figure a better way to stop in from backing out. I have some ideas but have no time or interest in making efforts to fix this issue. Wolff 5 lbs striker springs seem to work fine in these as well. I tried a Ghost connector but just don't trust any of that stuff. The Ghost connector did have some reset issues.

If you're going to carry one I'd vet it but mine run best with the VF barrel, ARC and everything else factory. I also have the most confidence in this particular setup and can get through 1,500 rounds or so without issue or real cleaning. If you have any questions specifically feel free to PM me. I haven't been on much lately and have been trying even less to post to avoid espousing anger online over the shit show that is our country right now. Hope this helps.

Suarez Comp
    Attachment 56083

Agency Arms
    Attachment 56084

ARC Sparc (top), G48, (middle), AA 417C (bottom).
    Attachment 56085

Thanks @Mike C that’s a lot of good info. I’ll keep all of that in mind when I start buying stuff.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @Mike C - what holster is that?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    @Mike C - what holster is that?
    Not Mike ,obviously, but i believe a velo from tenicor.

https://tenicor.com/collections/velo...29465976471627
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List