Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DC chief tells officers the city council has "completely abandoned" them

Site Supporter
    I can't speak to Mexico or its president's intent, but most priority calls for domestic violence in my area are not actual emergencies. While abusive relationships are dangerous for the victim and possibly also the aggressor, there is often some exaggeration by the complainant that results in an immediate response by two or more units.

Willie, you're absolutely right on both suspect and victim modeling behavior for future generations. That point was in the lesson plan and I often made mention of it when children were present at the scene. I doubt it did a bit of good in most cases/

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Could you please tell those of us not in the bidness what defines a hot run? I can take a guess, but would like to know the correct answer.

Thanks
    RJFlyer's answer is pretty much spot on for us as well. The addition would be when a suspect recently left. In that case the first will go to the scene and when it's verified everything is over will get a description and direction of travel and the second officer will attempt to locate. There's a few non-criminal events as well, like an endangered autistic kid missing sort of things.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Once I booked a young woman recently home from a long hospital stay. Her husband had beat her so severely that he broke skull bones in the facial area. Once home, she waited until he passed out from alcohol. Then she applied super glue to a pipe cleaner and inserted it into his penis. The offense was assault. The case went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Once I booked a young woman recently home from a long hospital stay. Her husband had beat her so severely that he broke skull bones in the facial area. Once home, she waited until he passed out from alcohol. Then she applied super glue to a pipe cleaner and inserted it into his penis. The offense was assault. The case went nowhere.
    So you’re saying it didn’t stand up in court?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So you’re saying it didn’t stand up in court?
    They gave her a fine...instead of a stiff penalty.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    DA did not prosecute. A jury here would have given her an award. You see. We are backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They gave her a fine...instead of a stiff penalty.
    I hear that she still bristled at the meat of it, though.

User Tag List