Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC chief tells officers the city council has "completely abandoned" them

DC chief tells officers the city council has "completely abandoned" them

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-polic...abandoned-them

In a video address to the D.C. Police force this week, Chief Peter Newsham said the District's City Council “forgot about our 20 years of reform.... and insinuated that somehow the Metropolitan Police force would be involved in an act of murder like we saw in Minneapolis."

Newsham went on to say “they forgot about our 20 years of reform and they insulted us by insinuating that we are in need of reform."

The Chief’s comments come in the wake of sweeping emergency police reform legislation that passed unanimously.
    #RESIST

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-counc...ce-reform-bill

The D.C. Council voted unanimously Tuesday in favor of emergency legislation on police reform -- a measure that limits police use of force, puts discipline in the hands of management, and changes policy on body-worn cameras.

The 13 votes in favor came against a warning from the police union that the council members were making a mistake.
    #RESIST

Time for cops to take a page out of the NFL playbook and take a knee on the sidelines.

We'll see how the politicians and public like their shiny new law enforcement encouragement policies and procedures soon enough.

I guess it's true...you get the government and the police force you deserve.

Be careful what you wish for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

'Emergency' legislation? Really?

UFB
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    I don’t see any reason if you are a cop not to find a shady church parking lot and turn the radio off.

Rough. Just rough.

God Bless you for continuing to do the work.

Site Supporter
    I'm reminded of "zero tolerance" school discipline programs. Enforcement resulted in extremely high numbers of violations which incapacitated the discipline system. Rules then had to be relaxed to the point that they were ignored. Eventually young people objected to the concept of rules. In their place we had agreements. Before I retired, inservice training focused on not using the word not because not is negative. Occasionally, families from California would move here, and some of these kids would tell me I could not tell them what to do, a comment that would make me howl with laughter. So in law enforcement we are seeing high degree of non compliance bringing about policy changes. Soon the field or discipline of criminal justice will embrace the new policies which will become incorporated in training academies and in-service programs.

If anyone should have left it should have been the cops at the mayors house. It’s like these cops have battered women syndrome and keep coming back to their abusers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I don’t see any reason if you are a cop not to find a shady church parking lot and turn the radio off.

Rough. Just rough.

God Bless you for continuing to do the work.
    Best reason not to? Your colleagues get sent to priority calls with no backup. That would be the ultimate dick move.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Best reason not to? Your colleagues get sent to priority calls with no backup. That would be the ultimate dick move.
    Ok, turn the radio low and only respond to back up your homies (those three dudes that watched the other dude keep the knee on, you want to respond to that?), if then a few mistakes turns your life over and buildings start to burn.

I guess it gets like war, you don't care about the war, you care about your brothers and getting everyone home.

(Not that I have experienced that in any place or way, only I know of it through books and podcasts)

Anyway, it all sucks.

User Tag List