Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ statement on Philly cop killer

DOJ statement on Philly cop killer

Worth the read. More at the link.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr...olice-corporal

Last Friday, Philadelphia Police Corporal and SWAT team member, James O’Connor, a proud 23-year veteran of the Department from a family of police officers, was gunned down in the City’s Frankford section while trying to arrest Hassan Elliott, who was wanted for murder. Elliott was on the street for one reason: because of District Attorney Krasner’s pro-violent defendant policies. Those policies – which include permissive bail conditions for violent offenders, failing to pursue serious probation and parole violations by violent criminals, offering lenient plea deals for violent offenses, and outright withdrawing cases against violent felons – put dangerous criminals like Elliott on the street.
    #RESIST

Wow reading it I did a double take thinking it was a union press release. From the DOJ wow!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I find the whole situation beyond infuriating, but at least someone in the DOJ has their head on straight. This District Attorney Krasner has some karma he deserves.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Wow reading it I did a double take thinking it was a union press release. From the DOJ wow!
    That was nothing short of an educational beat down. From the looks of it, Krasner will be peeing blood for the rest of his political life.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That was nothing short of an educational beat down. From the looks of it, Krasner will be peeing blood for the rest of his political life.
    Between this and the video of the Philly Police forming a line and blocking his entrance into the hospital he’s getting hit hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It won't matter. The public voted Krasner in knowing what he was about.

If the US Attorney there wanted to do something, he'd start taking cases and hammering the suspects.

McSwain went after Krasner at the very beginning, too: Philadelphia USAO Goes for the Throat
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    If the US Attorney there wanted to do something, he'd start taking cases and hammering the suspects.
    McSwain is solid. More than solid. But he can only take cases if there’s a violation of federal law.

I have it on very good authority that he explored all possible avenues of redress as to Krasner’s actions in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    McSwain is solid. More than solid. But he can only take cases if there’s a violation of federal law.

I have it on very good authority that he explored all possible avenues of redress as to Krasner’s actions in this case.
    Note that I wrote he'd "start taking cases and hammering suspects" meaning other cases as they come up. I didn't say take the Elliott case.

However, by the press release, Elliott is a convicted felon so the US Attorney could have jurisdiction for felon in possession charges, 18 USC 922(g). It is possible, his office could pursue a prosecution on the gang/narcotics nexus as well - though that's spitballing without knowing more about that gang's history. Consider 18 U.S. Code § 521.

Note that I wrote he'd "start taking cases and hammering suspects" meaning other cases as they come up. I didn't say take the Elliott case.
    Serious questions that I don’t know the answer to. On the safe assumption there’d be no help from the DA’s office, wouldn’t that require him to have a unit devoted to monitoring every criminal charge/disposition in the city’s criminal courts? If so, is that easier/more feasible than it sounds?

However, by the press release, Elliott is a convicted felon so the US Attorney could have jurisdiction for felon in possession charges, 18 USC 922(g). It is possible, his office could pursue a prosecution on the gang/narcotics nexus as well - though that's spitballing without knowing more about that gang's history. Consider 18 U.S. Code § 521.
    Good point, especially if Krasner lets Elliott off with a disorderly conduct plea and time served.

User Tag List