Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA: A Shout Out To My Local Sheriff's Office

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Once again, taking a moment to thank the Transylvania County Sheriff's Office for going above and beyond to qualify me for LEOSA.

Captain met me at the range which he opened solely to get my qualification in. We were the only two at the facility.

(This is a private range which he has access to by key and code via agreement with the owners who give the department a very generous deal.)

You can't say thank you enough for that kind of effort...so I won't even try. I consider myself very fortunate.
    Outstanding! Did you use your G26 for the qual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Outstanding! Did you use your G26 for the qual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did. I usually bring my Gen 2.5 and employ the Magpul 12s. Today I used a combination of the 12 and flat bottom OEM 10s.

My qual is 30 rounds day / 30 rounds simulated night with mandatory light usage.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@blues
    If the circumstances ever change on you and you need a qual, I know a guy...

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    @blues
    If the circumstances ever change on you and you need a qual, I know a guy...
    Sounds good, brother.

By the way, I sent an email to Bob O. regarding the LEOSA renewal, but unlike last year, I haven't gotten a reply. (Then again, when D. Smith was no longer there, they left his name up on the site for the longest time. So, there's that.)

I kept a copy of the qual in the truck just in case I don't get the new card in time...though I still have four years on my CCH.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sounds good, brother.

By the way, I sent an email to Bob O. regarding the LEOSA renewal, but unlike last year, I haven't gotten a reply. (Then again, when D. Smith was no longer there, they left his name up on the site for the longest time. So, there's that.)

I kept a copy of the qual in the truck just in case I don't get the new card in time...though I still have four years on my CCH.
    I soooo wish I had gotten that job over Bob… oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I soooo wish I had gotten that job over Bob… oh well.
    I do too. Maybe you will down the road. Or @CWM11B

Not it!
    Zero interest in that position AT ALL.

Not it!

Not it!
    Oh come on… you know you want to drive to the east side of Raleigh every week!

LEOSA for retired folks in NC needs an upgrade…

If the position ones available again I will likely reapply…but that would mean giving up my current job. Definitely a big decision

I'd rather slam my junk in a car door than work in Raleigh. Hell, I avoid DRIVING through on my way east. Ill add an hour on backroads if need be
    If I were in charge of LEOSA in NC, it would be: meet at the range, safety brief, shoot the courses, fill out F9R, have a nice day andcsee you next year. Done.

User Tag List