Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp activates 1K National Guard troops ahead of anti-cop protests

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp activates 1K National Guard troops ahead of anti-cop protests | Fox News

Georgia Republican Governor Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency on Thursday in anticipation of violent anti-police protests in Atlanta this weekend.
    The governor activated 1,000 National Guard troops and will deploy them to prevent further violence after masked protesters threw rocks, launched fireworks and burned a police vehicle in front of the Atlanta Police Foundation building last weekend.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Great... sounds like they are going to release the Memphis video tonight. If it's as bad and it sounds, places all over the country are going to pop-off this weekend.

Be safe out there coppers! Praying for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Great... sounds like they are going to release the Memphis video tonight. If it's as bad and it sounds, places all over the country are going to pop-off this weekend.

Be safe out there coppers! Praying for you all.
    I'm glad it's winter in Wisconsin; it tends to put a damper on "mostly peaceful protests."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'm glad it's winter in Wisconsin; it tends to put a damper on "mostly peaceful protests."
    Yep! The bottom is dropping out tonight in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and I am grateful that it will be under 10 F the whole weekend.

As for Georgia- good luck out there. It sounds like the Governor has his priorities straight, at least.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Yep! The bottom is dropping out tonight in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and I am grateful that it will be under 10 F the whole weekend.

As for Georgia- good luck out there. It sounds like the Governor has his priorities straight, at least.
    I’m hoping the lessons from the “summer of love” are being remembered so that the instant things get sporty again they’re quickly shut down. No need for another 7 year old girl to be shot and killed by criminals who are allowed to commit a hostile takeover of city streets.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m hoping the lessons from the “summer of love” are being remembered so that the instant things get sporty again they’re quickly shut down. No need for another 7 year old girl to be shot and killed by criminals who are allowed to commit a hostile takeover of city streets.
    Barricades being installed at the Minneapolis Police facility on Friday morning.

Name:  D88F457C-13CC-4EC3-8B87-61D7A5095803.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  60.6 KB

That's an ingenious use of Jersey barrier. Pipe through the cable connectors and chain link attached to that. I'm sure somebody will get over it but it'll take some determination. It won't be easy.

Whoever thought you would have to barricade a police facility to keep it from being torched?

The idea of charging rioters as terrorists and arsonist sounds promising. Don't forget the fines for damages.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-28-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

A fellow could do a lot of good with a garden hose at those temps.😁

There is no poor protest weather, just poor protest garb.
    -Clint Smith, the internet
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    A fellow could do a lot of good with a garden hose at those temps.😁
    Sure, if the pipes hadn't frozen already.

The jersey barrier/chain link fence setup pictured above surrounded all the St Paul precinct stations from early June 2020 until early last summer. I will have to check today to see if they've put them back in place around the Western District station.

Any more word on what is happening in and around Atlanta?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List