Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Deleted. Didn't see where already mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Ah, caltrops. What's old is new again....
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Attachment 57362

Caltrops are spiked weapons used against men and horses since at least as early as Roman times.[1] Later versions were designed to deflate automobile tires. They are a type of anti-personnel weapon, and anti-vehicular weapon. Japanese samurai used a similar weapon, the makibishi.

Iron caltrops were used as early as 331 BC at Gaugamela. They were known to the Romans as tribulus, meaning 'jagged iron'.[2] They were used in the Battle of Carrhae in 51 BC.[3]

The Roman writer Vegetius, discussed scythed chariots in his De Re Militari:

The armed chariots used in war by Antiochus and Mithridates at first terrified the Romans, but they afterwards made a jest of them. As a chariot of this sort does not always meet with plain and level ground, the least obstruction stops it. And if one of the horses be either killed or wounded, it falls into the enemy's hands. The Roman soldiers rendered them useless... they strewed the field of battle with caltrops, and the horses that drew the chariots, running full speed on them, were infallibly destroyed. A caltrop is a device composed of four spikes or points arranged so that in whatever manner it is thrown on the ground, it rests on three and presents the fourth upright.[4]

In more modern times, they were used by both the Allies and Axis during World War II to puncture the tires of wheeled vehicles. Improvised caltrops, usually made of welded nails, have also been used occasionally by labor activists in the United States during strikes to destroy the tires of vehicles belonging to management and replacement workers. In the labor context, these devices are more often called jack rocks. A recent example of the use of jack rocks in labor disputes was in 2012, allegedly by two men on a picket line at an aluminum products plant in West Virginia.[5]

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop
    Getting in front of my Tahoe en mass while my kid is in it means that a few people are going to get run over. Disabling my SUV with my kid in it means that I’ll kill everything moving towards my vehicle - everything...moving. Fair warning. I will not run out of ammo and I literally will not stop shooting until nothing moves or marked police vehicles arrive.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

^^^I feel you brother, but that’s a little harsh for a gentlemanly, open forum. Just saying.

Site Supporter
    Kinda makes runflat tires a little more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ^^^I feel you brother, but that’s a little harsh for a gentlemanly, open forum. Just saying.
    Tell that to the parents of Secoriea Turner. She is 8 year old who was shot through the eye by these fucktards when the car she was in drove by the Wendy’s.

Disabling a vehicle and swarming it en mass leaves any reasonable driver in fear for their life and removes their ability to escape. Add a child to the equation and the stakes go up exponentially for any parent.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-17-2020 at 09:49 PM.

One of these days, the road blocking commies are going to try to trap the wrong vehicle with a Dad and his kids inside and the first inclination that they fucked up will be a 75 grain Gold Dot or 110 grain Barnes vibe checking their internal organs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    One of these days, the road blocking commies are going to try to trap the wrong vehicle with a Dad and his kids inside and the first inclination that they fucked up will be a 75 grain Gold Dot or 110 grain Barnes vibe checking their internal organs.
    Seriously. I live in one of the safest, most highly educated, small cities in America. I don’t go to places like Atlanta, Portland, NYC, Baltimore, Chicago, or Seattle. Hell, I don’t even go back to my hometown of Richmond anymore since my parents live 3 blocks from the Lee Monument. It’s not worth the risk. So, if Antifa becomes sufficiently empowered to attack occupied vehicles in my neighborhood, it means that Master-Blaster runs Thunderdome and there are no rules. I will respond accordingly.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Getting in front of my Tahoe en mass while my kid is in it means that a few people are going to get run over. Disabling my SUV with my kid in it means that I’ll kill everything moving towards my vehicle - everything...moving. Fair warning. I will not run out of ammo and I literally will not stop shooting until nothing moves or marked police vehicles arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You know, I was thinking something similar...and then I thought wait: I bet the Sensei has more experience with disabled vehicles and approaching crowds and where that leads than I'm ever going to. I can't say I wouldn't run out of ammo (not that you reload a hockey stick anyway) but I will say that my limited experience of being a dad has definitely shifted me into more of a "take no chances" frame of mind.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Master-Blaster runs Thunderdome and there are no rules
    I hate to quibble but seriously, two men enter, one man leaves. There's clearly a rule.

I admit you are pretty much the guy who leaves in all circumstances so maybe this carries less weight to you. But also: bust a deal, face the wheel. There's rules.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Those would appear to be not improvised out of welded nails/tubing, etc. Die cast? kind of slick. Also they don't look like any of the caltrops that come up in a google image search, or at least my google image search. New product on the scene?
    Did you check areadenialweapons.com?

okay, I'm done

User Tag List