Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    I was expecting something that was a clear Tennessee vs Garner situation, but this looks a lot more tricky. It looks from the video like he not only had the Tazer, he pointed it and fired it at the officer who was running after him. It could be interesting to see if they argue that the use of the Tazer represented a risk of serious injury to the pursuing officer with associated potential implications for use of Tazers as less than lethal tools in the future. But yes, that is a heck of a misleading series of headlines. I will be really interested to see how it shakes out.
    Getting tazed would seem to me to be in the category of events that could easily lead to a loss of the officer's primary weapon.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    New video. The shooting looks justified to me, but that’s not my lane.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1271909804848623617
    Looks like he got a Taser shot off of at one cop.
    #RESIST

I might be crazy but it seems like they don't want us to use deadly force in any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I might be crazy but it seems like they don't want us to use deadly force in any circumstance.
    You're not crazy. A police funeral is cheaper than a wrongful death settlement. Plus, all the politicians you hate and who have hated you your whole career get to show up and give speeches and use your death as a re-election campaign event.

Any thinking cop:

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    One wonders how a drunk guy who was apparently asleep managed to get a Taser away from a police officer.
    Telekinesis?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    One wonders how a drunk guy who was apparently asleep managed to get a Taser away from a police officer.
    Gonna be an interesting blood test.
    #RESIST

It's been that way for quite some time in many of larger metropolitan areas. If a cop is killed in the line of duty, the bereaved spouse gets a survivor benefit and all is well...
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

They have a presser on FOX right now...no surprises...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    That's the way I am interpreting it, which is insane, because I fully expect to unintentionally maim or kill at least one patient over the length of my career and 4 weeks ago people were littering my facebook with stupid shit like this:

User Tag List