Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    We just sometimes wonder what it's going to take for the silent masses to come out and say "that's enough".
    Though I may very well be wrong, I suspect that we'll get our answer on Tuesday, November 3rd.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I know......I should have said "some".

We just sometimes wonder what it's going to take for the silent masses to come out and say "that's enough". I know that's hard with the media being heavily biased and pushing their narrative.

Morale here is the lowest I've ever seen it. Getting a tad off topic though.

Regards.
    Interesting idea that those of us being quiet need to do more. I have to say I agree. As far as off-topic, I do not think so. Low morale creates performance issues, some of which manifest into these issues. I find it interesting that the media has focused on the fact that the first responding officer to the Wendy's wondered aloud if he should deal with it. That is definitely related to morale.
    Last edited by farscott; 06-16-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    When I think of Geraldo I think first of getting his nose broken by skinheads, and second the vault.
    I think of the time he was embedded with a frontline unit in Iraq and giving away allied unit movement info live on his fucking segment.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Interesting idea that those of us being quiet need to do more.
    Even being a supporter can be an uphill battle right now. I just had a conversation go sideways while discussing UoF issues over the Brooks deal. Probably about the point where I observed, roughly: if you can read G vs C and gain a working overview of the factors that go into justifying UoF, and you can search for unedited cam footage, but you don’t read a summary of the case or look for complete footage, then you’re ignorant on the topic by choice...

There was more, obviously, but it ended up with me ribbing them and saying that their opinion needed to sit at the kid’s table for family dinners around the topic from here on out.

The whole subject of police has become contentious enough that I can get into trouble just by going to pick up a to-go latte, let alone logging into social media. The general population is losing their minds. Combine early 2000s fuckk da police with today’s lifestyle-shredding pandemic pressures—along with click bait “reporting,” and there is no discussing things without seriously rubbing people the wrong way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Probably about the point where I observed, roughly: if you can read G vs C and gain a working overview of the factors that go into justifying UoF, and you can search for unedited cam footage, but you don’t read a summary of the case or look for complete footage, then you’re ignorant on the topic by choice...
    I actually really like your approach.
    Remind people that it really is their responsibility to have an informed opinion before demanding a change.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Remind people that it really is their responsibility to have an informed opinion before demanding a change.
    Thanks. I find it best couched in a lot of humor, and even then folks can still get worked up. Once in a blue moon, someone asks me for a source, or to write down something for them to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I doubt that we'll see it, at least in this particular case. The video evidence is extensive and, dare I say, even exculpatory. Were I in such a position, I'd likely ask for a bench trial unless counsel suggested otherwise and lay my defense on the law, conformance with (or adherence to) departmental policy and training. There has been a tremendous rush to judgment (which is no surprise these days) and the emotional responses, while "loud", are really quite irrelevant.
    I have to wonder if defense attorneys give the advice for a bench trial these days. I imagine it depends on your local judges but since Trump took office the number of activist judges abusing their power seems to be significantly increasing. I’d be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't imagine ever being desperate enough to want Geraldo as an attorney. I'd represent myself first.

(And of course I meant the crap about why he's there rhetorically. He's a foil and a damned poor one. (The man is an idiot.) Especially when the other side is the shrieking Dan Bongino, who, while I appreciate he tries to present the L.E. case, often does a poor job of it, imho.)
    That’s one of the many reasons I dropped cable, and just have Netflix, Amazon video, and YouTube, I don’t watch the news anymore from anyone, seems that all it is, is hatred, a us, versus them mentality, and I’m sick of it all.. God forbid anyone getting in front of a camera and actually do some honest reporting without some kind of bias.. I don’t think that kind of reporting exists anymore, anywhere on the planet..

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    If this was the norm, we'd have less of the idiocy we're seeing today. Or not.

Some folks simply will not allow the facts to get in the way of their intentions.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Listening to the presser by the DA. They’re charging the officer with murder.

Fuck this whole witch-hunt.

ETA: DA made references to APD policy against firing a taser at a fleeing subject. Alleges the officer was trying to fire his taser at Brooks while running. Which is bullshit because the officer had already discharged his taser the maximum amount of times and not once did I hear another taser pop during the foot pursuit other than when Brooks fired his taser. DA made a bullshit comparison that since Brooks was fleeing at the time he was shot and SOP doesn’t even allow firing a taser at a fleeing suspect that the officer wouldn’t be permitted to shoot a suspect either.

DA also claims that the officer knew that the taser Brooks had, had been fired twice and therefor was no longer an issue.

User Tag List