Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thought Carlson had it right but Hannity waffled too much from my point of view. I also didn't care for him and Geraldo pronouncing judgment on the other case before due process. Why Geraldo has a job is a mystery to me.
    Agreed. I recall as a kid watching with much anticipation as he cracked open Capone’s vault. Lol! When I see him I think first of that and second I wonder why he doesn’t trim that dumb looking mustache. I’m sure some folks can pull it off but he isn’t one of them. Reminds me of that guy on Ancient Aliens with the crazy hair. Ant take someone like that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Props to Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity for saying on the air Brooks was at fault. They also showed the beginning of the interaction where things were great until Brooks decided violence was the new plan. Of course guest moron Geraldo just declared its never permissible to shoot someone in the back... they need a lawyer who specializes in deadly force to be off screen with a button. When a person makes a patently false statement like that the big red “X” from Family Feud covers their face.
    They needed someone from Force Science Institute to explain some of the dynamics of how Brooks was shot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I thought Carlson had it right but Hannity waffled too much from my point of view. I also didn't care for him and Geraldo pronouncing judgment on the other case before due process. Why Geraldo has a job is a mystery to me.
    Geraldo is there to provide a spirited, opposing view, and to try to project fairness, and to pump up ratings ...honestly, if he didn’t have this gig with Fox, I think he’d be chasing ambulances.. After all, if he was a good of an attorney as he thinks he is, he wouldn’t need Fox..

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed. I recall as a kid watching with much anticipation as he cracked open Capone’s vault. Lol! When I see him I think first of that and second I wonder why he doesn’t trim that dumb looking mustache. I’m sure some folks can pull it off but he isn’t one of them. Reminds me of that guy on Ancient Aliens with the crazy hair. Ant take someone like that seriously.
    When I think of Geraldo I think first of getting his nose broken by skinheads, and second the vault.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Some guy from the NAACP being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer, I didn't catch his name, actually said the cops should have called an Uber.

I about swooned.

Not once was any responsibility for the outcome of this incident placed on the shoulders of the decedent. It was presented like the cops went out there with a "Hey, I've got an idea what we can do today" perspective.

If it wasn't so pathetic it'd have been laughable.

I honestly am reaching the point where I just don't see how a solution is possible absent a complete acquiescence to the demand not to enforce the law...and to run away and hide when somebody argues with the police going forward. Or perhaps the police simply won't be permitted to police in certain districts anymore, and survival of the fittest will be the only law extant.
    IME most people evaluate events from their own perspective. If they can’t identify directly, they start to look to their closest circle of friends and fami,y, then the next circle, etc. so I I say something shitty about truck drivers, even if you aren’t one you may think of your father in law who is. If you like him, you’re likely to be offended by statement.

When you look at a guy and think “yeah! I’ve had to sleep off a few benders in my car, and any motherfuckers that come wake me up are sure as shit to get shot”, or “man, that’s just like my cousin Tommy! He’s always sleeping in his car after a night out getting fucked up. Those cops are so wrong!” then you reach the same conclusions the interviewee did above.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Geraldo is there to provide a spirited, opposing view, and to try to project fairness, and to pump up ratings ...honestly, if he didn’t have this gig with Fox, I think he’d be chasing ambulances.. After all, if he was a good of an attorney as he thinks he is, he wouldn’t need Fox..
    I can't imagine ever being desperate enough to want Geraldo as an attorney. I'd represent myself first.

(And of course I meant the crap about why he's there rhetorically. He's a foil and a damned poor one. (The man is an idiot.) Especially when the other side is the shrieking Dan Bongino, who, while I appreciate he tries to present the L.E. case, often does a poor job of it, imho.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IME most people evaluate events from their own perspective. If they can’t identify directly, they start to look to their closest circle of friends and fami,y, then the next circle, etc. so I I say something shitty about truck drivers, even if you aren’t one you may think of your father in law who is. If you like him, you’re likely to be offended by statement.

When you look at a guy and think “yeah! I’ve had to sleep off a few benders in my car, and any motherfuckers that come wake me up are sure as shit to get shot”, or “man, that’s just like my cousin Tommy! He’s always sleeping in his car after a night out getting fucked up. Those cops are so wrong!” then you reach the same conclusions the interviewee did above.
    I'll disagree. Lawyers and representatives of organizations like the NAACP have a responsibility, (in my clearly worthless opinion), to both be aware of the law and the facts and to offer any comments on either from a place of stating the truth without hyperbole.

Naturally, I've been a case agent and witness at countless trials and am aware of the antics presented by defense counsel, (not all, but many), and just as bad or worse are the lying antics of the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the worlds, whose untruths and tales woven from whole cloth are to my mind responsible for fomenting much of the civil unrest and violence.

Apparently, telling the truth is something that many have not learned, nor value. I'll never be okay with that. Not from the government side. Not from the opposing side.

It is a shame, regardless.

A Sgt. or Lt. from a local P.D. in a drunken fit decided to fight me in a PBA lounge after I told him to stop picking on some female admin employees that were in there simply to play pool and have a good time. It could have ended badly...but fortunately didn't.

He kept his job but had to go through a program and issue official apologies. I told my agency as well as his that as far as I was concerned, he could apologize to the women he abused, but I needed no apology and he didn't need to enter a program on my account.

He was lucky I kept my cool...and I was lucky that when I was on top of him wondering what I should do, that one of his guys didn't kick my teeth down my throat, as all I could focus on was their shoes.

And of course, all of us were armed.

It made for some tense moments when I had to work with friends and colleagues from his outfit for a few weeks...and I didn't start the donnybrook.

It's truly amazing that back then there weren't even more alcohol related events than there were, to be honest.
    I see he made the mistake of being within striking distance. Definitely not smarter than the average bear.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I see he made the mistake of being within striking distance. Definitely not smarter than the average bear.
    I never struck him, which is the ironic part. He was much bigger than me and after he swung at me and I ducked, we went to the floor after bouncing off the pool table, and he landed on top of me. Thankfully, I was able to reverse and get top position. I had my right fist cocked back...and he said "Go ahead, fuck me up"...I'll never forget that. It just stopped me cold.

I said, "What the hell are you after?" while keeping my eyes on the shoes of his colleagues...thinking I was in danger of losing my teeth from a kick.

A couple cops I knew ran over, broke it up and told me that they'd testify if I wanted them to. I told them it was a done matter as far as I was concerned. I told them just to walk me to my car in case the guy was outside in the parking lot setting up an ambush. I wanted witnesses God forbid the guy was lying in wait with a gun.

The rest I reported above. I got a lot of ribbing from my bosses and colleagues..."champ", etc. And the guys from his department gave him a ration for losing to a guy half his size. I just wanted everyone to just tone it down and move on.
    Last edited by blues; 06-16-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Sleeping one-off in your car is different than driving to Windey's and passing out in the drive-through.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List