Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Anyone know a realtor that sells ranch land in Wyoming?
    As a matter of fact...

The price should be $950,000.

http://forsale.newmanrealty.com/idx/...Lance-Creek-WY
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Apparently, it was a white chick that burned it down.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to have that be a convenient excuse spread via Twitter.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to have that be a convenient excuse spread via Twitter.
    I saw the "wasn't us" video yesterday or the day before. I haven't read any of the reports, but is there only one arsonist in this event?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    There's the real shame.

Lots of decent people (including those poor, honest souls who are have only that job to survive and work paycheck to paycheck at Wendy's) are gonna suffer.

Graham v Connor (1989) is going to have to be part of the consideration of charges, if any, for the officers....in addition that no due process was afforded the discharged officer.
    I use Graham v Connor all the time justifying UoF in my reports. Let’s Just see for severity of the crime. DUI, Multiple counts of Aggravated assault on LE, Multiple counts actively Resisting Arrest, Escape, Felony Theft of a weapon from LE, Aggravated Assault on LE with a Taser.

The other two prongs are immediate/imminent threat to officers or others and Resisting arrest or evading arrest by flight. Oh yeah that’s there.

My justification paragraph on this on would probably be a third to half a page of my report.

Oh it kind of opens some attorneys eyes when you say the scene was tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I use Graham v Connor all the time justifying UoF in my reports. Let’s Just see for severity of the crime. DUI, Multiple counts of Aggravated assault on LE, Multiple counts actively Resisting Arrest, Escape, Felony Theft of a weapon from LE, Aggravated Assault on LE with a Taser.

The other two prongs are immediate/imminent threat to officers or others and Resisting arrest or evading arrest by flight. Oh yeah that’s there.

My justification paragraph on this on would probably be a third to half a page of my report.

Oh it kind of opens some attorneys eyes when you say the scene was tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving.
    Use of Graham v. Connor was stressed during both times I went through OPOTA and I am pleased to see that LE in other parts of the country have been educated as to its relevance and use in UoFs. Stressed in that decision is that the officer's objective is reasonable (for a trained LEO) based upon the conditions at the time of the event; the court specifically addresses that no "Monday morning quarterbacking" is to be applied to the standard which is exactly what we are seeing in the media and on the part of the "protesters".

Being retired now these last 15 years, I offer you my hope that Graham v Connor will keep you safe from the idiocy and villification we're seeing these days. Stay safe, brother.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I have a question for the GA LEO’s on here. The ME declared Brooks’ death a homicide. Is that standard for all adversarial actions (meaning a justified homicide is a type of “homicide”) or is he giving in to political pressure? I ask because the stupid media can’t stop mentioning that it has been ruled a homicide.

It also kills me to see people keep repeating that he was “killed for sleeping in his car” over and over. Hell the county DA was interviewed and said the interaction was calm... seems he only watched the first few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I have a question for the GA LEO’s on here. The ME declared Brooks’ death a homicide. Is that standard for all adversarial actions (meaning a justified homicide is a type of “homicide”) or is he giving in to political pressure? I ask because the stupid media can’t stop mentioning that it has been ruled a homicide.

It also kills me to see people keep repeating that he was “killed for sleeping in his car” over and over. Hell the county DA was interviewed and said the interaction was calm... seems he only watched the first few minutes.
    Not a GA LEO, but a ME's finding for cause of death as a homicide is NOT a determination of criminal/civil culpability. That's a matter for the courts (at trial).

The media always conflates these findings with a determination of guilt; drives ratings and furthers the agenda (villifying cops without regard to the facts is the 'in' thing right now).
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Not a GA LEO, but a ME's finding for cause of death as a homicide is NOT a determination of criminal/civil culpability. That's a matter for the courts (at trial).
    Thanks. I know that’s the case many places but with each state having slight differences I wasn’t sure if GA was different.

Not LE but I would think the ME declaring Brooks’ death a homicide to be just stating the facts. I personally don’t see anything political about it. The stupid media is just doing stupid media things.

On a different note, I’ve seen plenty of people (not on this board mind you) claim the officer that was farthest away is who shot Brooks. When I look at the surveillance footage I’m almost certain it’s the closest officer, the one who Brooks fired the taser at. Am I incorrect?

I'm not a LEO at all, but doesn't "homicide" just mean that a human or humans killed another human or humans? Assuming I have that right, "homicide" is objectively true in this case, but not indicative of whether or not it was justified.

ETA: looks like several other people beat me to it.

User Tag List