Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Irony meter on full. Last night Nike store near or at Lenox Mall looted I guess in response to recent Police shooting.
    How can you run away from the brutal and unjust actions of the police without the proper felony flyers footwear?

/sarcasm
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The entire front page of the Atlanta paper (my wife reads it...) is dedicated to the latest tragedy and that the entire city is in anguish and seeking answers. Apparently being black now gives you the right to fight with the police and take their equipment to use against them. If they try to stop you, they are racist murders.

Strangely no mention of the danger he posed to the rest of the innocent people in the area both while attempting to drive and once he was in a panic fleeing.

Anyone know a realtor that sells ranch land in Wyoming?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I moved out of Gwinnett 18 years ago and don't miss it a bit.
    We are looking to get out very soon. We are looking g at options on where to go that won't be a huge commute for either of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    The entire front page of the Atlanta paper (my wife reads it...) is dedicated to the latest tragedy and that the entire city is in anguish and seeking answers. Apparently being black now gives you the right to fight with the police and take their equipment to use against them. If they try to stop you, they are racist murders.

Strangely no mention of the danger he posed to the rest of the innocent people in the area both while attempting to drive and once he was in a panic fleeing.

Anyone know a realtor that sells ranch land in Wyoming?
    The lack of accountability for one's own actions we are seeing in our society is the root of the issue. Until everyone---and I mean everyone---drops the "I'm a self-entitled victim who gets to behave poorly because I'm a self-entitled victim" act, this kind of shit-show will continue to play out whenever some nitwit commits an act that requires law enforcement officers to resort to lethal force to protect themselves and/or others. This death was entirely preventable....by the suspect. Piss poor decisions lead to piss poor outcomes. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. This time the bear got him.

And boy, that Wendy's franchise "got theirs" alright. Clearly their fault.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    And boy, that Wendy's franchise "got theirs" alright. Clearly their fault.
    You have to wonder how many black people worked at said Wendy's and therefore currently have no jobs as a result.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    You have to wonder how many black people worked at said Wendy's and therefore currently have no jobs as a result.
    Apparently, it was a white chick that burned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Apparently, it was a white chick that burned it down.
    No doubt she was protesting for black rights, though. I feel like that makes it *extra* ironic, in a "get off my side" sort of way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    We are looking to get out very soon. We are looking g at options on where to go that won't be a huge commute for either of us.
    We moved from Gwinnett to southern Cherokee last year and we like it a lot better so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Irony meter on full. Last night Nike store near or at Lenox Mall looted I guess in response to recent Police shooting.
    For those who are not familiar with Atlanta, the Wendy's was located in southwest Atlanta in a part of town that was not very good twenty-five years ago. Lenox Mall is located to the north and east of the Wendy's in a very upscale part of Atlanta.

We left northern Cobb County (specifically just north of Kennesaw) in late 2007 to move back to where my wife's family is in northern Alabama. At the time, we struggled over the move as there were a lot of pluses to metro Atlanta, including world-class museums, great universities (Emory and Georgia Tech), good doctors and hospitals, great dining, and the Braves. We now both agree it was one of the best decisions we made. Sad to say....
    Last edited by farscott; 06-15-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    There's the real shame.

Lots of decent people (including those poor, honest souls who are have only that job to survive and work paycheck to paycheck at Wendy's) are gonna suffer.

Graham v Connor (1989) is going to have to be part of the consideration of charges, if any, for the officers....in addition that no due process was afforded the discharged officer.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 06-15-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List