Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    There are good and bad in any group.
    There are. Do you have some point with dragging these examples up?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I've prosecuted four police officers over the past few years for DUI, FWIW. Those are always grating fun because the defense attorney will come in with a stack of paper a half inch thick with every commendation the officer's ever received and talking about what a shame it would be to ruin that particular officer's career, with a heavy implication that I'm the one doing the ruining.
    Do you counter with a stack of all the DUIs the officer has brought in and what their case outcomes were?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Want to point out how egregious both cases were.

Officer Nate Meier was caught drunk, in uniform, and behind the wheel of an Aurora Police vehicle last March (2019). Although a later blood test would show Meier’s blood alcohol was measured at more than five times the legal limit for DUI, his supervisors decided not to initiate a criminal investigation and deemed it a medical situation, so Meier was never criminally charged and kept his APD job.

He was subject to an internal affairs investigation, which led to a suspension.
    Wow. Assuming that's ~0.40. I looked up impairment vs. BAC a couple years ago and best I can remember is that around .35, a normal human has trouble standing up and generally doesn't know where they are. Drinking yourself much of the way to death will allow you to semi-function at those numbers.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 06-14-2020 at 11:38 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Never mind - errant key stroke. I'm sober BTW.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Wow. Assuming that's ~0.40. I looked up impairment vs. BAC a couple years ago and best I can remember is that around .35, a normal human has trouble standing up and generally doesn't know where they are. Drinking yourself much of the way to death will allow you to semi-function at those numbers.
    Folks who drink a lot can live at a higher BAL with reduced signs of intoxication than normal people but yeah, a BAL of 400 is a solid effort

Site Supporter
    DA considering felony murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/da-in-ray...harge-on-table

lol. clown world.

How do we have 1.5 trillion in outstanding student debt with so much shit-for-brains walking around?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

lol. clown world.

How do we have 1.5 trillion in outstanding student debt with so much shit-for-brains walking around?
    Useless degrees and indoctrination disguised as “higher education”.

Or was your question rhetorical...?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

lol. clown world.

The DA is Paul Howard, and he is pandering to voters as he is in a runoff election while also being investigated by the GBI for misappropriation of funds and being sued for harassment. https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...us37179CVs2cP/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Useless degrees and indoctrination disguised as “higher education”.

Or was your question rhetorical...?
    not necessarily rhetorical.

A felony murder charge against the officer is worse than simply pandering, it's unconscionable in my view. A change of venue would go a long way to righting that particular wrong, should it come to pass...but I have little faith anymore in anyone stepping up and doing the right thing.

When did it become such a rarity?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Irony meter on full. Last night Nike store near or at Lenox Mall looted I guess in response to recent Police shooting.

User Tag List