Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 448

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

  1. #71
    Well, in an effort to voice their grievances, the protesters broke the windows and set the Wendy’s ablaze and is now totally engulfed where the shooting took place (www.wsbtv.com).

  2. #72
    Brass Rat Borderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    From a totally purely self interested point of view, in a hypothetical world where I felt like I was being arrested unjustly or somehow otherwise victimized by a police officer, the very last way I would try to assert myself would be with physical force. It is simply false to believe that physically confronting a cop in this scenario would help me in any way.

    It would make substantially more sense to comply with the arrest and then try to get your revenge in court, where I might actually stand a chance of winning, and not in the street where, best case scenario, I get my ass kicked and have a far worse chance in court later on.
    You obviously have good deductive reasoning skills. I mean, that guy probably wasn't a moderator on any highly acclaimed gun forums.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

  3. #73
    Brass Rat Borderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    Well, in an effort to voice their grievances, the protesters broke the windows and set the Wendy’s ablaze and is now totally engulfed where the shooting took place (www.wsbtv.com).
    I new they would burn that burger joint down. Just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

  4. #74
    THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You obviously have good deductive reasoning skills. I mean, that guy probably wasn't a moderator on any highly acclaimed gun forums.
    I dunno, given his commitment to self destruction, I could see him on ARFcom.

  5. #75
    THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    Well, in an effort to voice their grievances, the protesters broke the windows and set the Wendy’s ablaze and is now totally engulfed where the shooting took place (www.wsbtv.com).
    That'll show Wendy's for not letting some guy enjoy his nod in their drive thru....

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That'll show Wendy's for not letting some guy enjoy his nod in their drive thru....
    The police invaded his Wendy’s Autonomous Zone and he was martyred as a freedom fighter for WAZ.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

  7. #77
    Lowly Production C-Class olstyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    The fact that arson now seems to be the default response to any news people don't like is disturbing.

  8. #78
    critical race weary blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    If the handwriting on the wall isn't plain enough for Atlanta's P.D., I don't know how their mayor could have made it any plainer for them.

    Vice-Presidential candidate? I certainly hope not considering she feels that she can pronounce judgment on a matter before it's even been investigated.

    We don't need decisions based on pandering to the baser instincts and actions of a mob...but on the rule of law.

    Nope.
    ...and just like that, I woke up one morning and the America I knew and loved was gone.

  9. #79
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Seminole Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If there were a legal requirement to regain control, how could you ever terminate a pursuit? Could an officer be charged for losing a foot chase? Or a fight?
    After thinking about this...

    I’m not talking about formal charges. Not things to get cops jammed up.

    I’m thinking that police have an extended duty to the public ( not an individual) that would create leniency in use of force in situations like this Atlanta incident.

    Put another way if we have a force of cops who can, at , will say fuck it I’m not dealing with this, then what do we have ?

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If the handwriting on the wall isn't plain enough for Atlanta's P.D., I don't know how their mayor could have made it any plainer for them.

    Vice-Presidential candidate? I certainly hope not considering she feels that she can pronounce judgment on a matter before it's even been investigated.

    We don't need decisions based on pandering to the baser instincts and actions of a mob...but on the rule of law.

    Nope.
    Not that far fetched. I mean we had a POTUS who did that very thing for 8 years...

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •