Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you were LE or FD and didn't cause damage to anyone's car or property, you got a pass. That ended in the early 2000s.
    Took a bit longer locally.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Took a bit longer locally.
    Yeah, apparently, still an issue here...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    So THAT’S where Ruger got the idea for their new PCC cherger...
    They had the product introduction timing right anyway.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, apparently, still an issue here...
    Want to point out how egregious both cases were.

Officer Nate Meier was caught drunk, in uniform, and behind the wheel of an Aurora Police vehicle last March (2019). Although a later blood test would show Meier’s blood alcohol was measured at more than five times the legal limit for DUI, his supervisors decided not to initiate a criminal investigation and deemed it a medical situation, so Meier was never criminally charged and kept his APD job.

He was subject to an internal affairs investigation, which led to a suspension.
    The newly emerging case relates to Aurora Police Officer Annette Brook. Colorado State Patrol officers arrested her in June 2019 in Douglas County after she ran into a concrete highway barrier. Her blood alcohol was measured at .227, nearly three times the legal limit. But as that case was winding through the court system, Brook drove to work at the Aurora Police District Three station on Dec. 5, 2019.

According to an internal affairs summary obtained by CBS4 Investigates, and photos of her coming to work, Brook arrived just after 8 a.m. in her own car, and a sergeant who contacted Brook “believed that (Brook) showed signs consistent with the consumption of alcoholic beverages.”

She was given a portable breath test about an hour after she parked her SUV, which showed her blood alcohol content at .138, well over the threshold to be considered DUI in Colorado.

Later blood testing would confirm the DUI measurement and would also show the presence of Zolpidem, a controlled substance used to treat insomnia.

[...]

But despite the indications Brook had driven to work drunk, Aurora Police initiated an internal affairs investigation, not a criminal DUI case, raising the ire of the District Attorney who only learned what happened more than a month after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    An LEO in the county I grew up in was caught driving drunk in a city in the next county. They did not call him an uber, the county's sheriff's office gave him a personal taxi paid for by the taxpayer and no charges. He also was not parked and sleeping it off, he was driving around drunk bar hoping.

I have no sympathy at all for the dead drunk but until laws apply equally to all.......
    As blues pointed out in most of the rest of the world that is absolutely historical stuff not seen in 20-25 years. In my old place executive rank had some privilege that is typical of the same corruption of the other politicians in the city. Not that it would go away, but they didn’t lose their jobs. Rookies for sure were terminated immediately and it was a career ender for many. With a suspended license you had to be pretty beloved to not have a job in the department you could get by without driving or getting to work. My old boss in Air Support was a thirty year vet who got a DUI. His wife would drop him off at an airport near his house and he would fly his Cessna to work and then fly a police helicopter and fly home.....but he couldn’t drive for a year. Unique job and situation and it was his last year till retirement.

So....if we are going to apply the “equally” thing.....how many other folks in the world can be immediately terminated for a DUI? Also “parked sleeping it off”.....usually doesn’t result in a DUI. As a matter of fact, most cops will applaud that. Passing out in a running vehicle is not “sleeping it off”. In fact those are the people who generally kill innocents and only by luck did they pass out while stopped. So that doesn’t hold water.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

About 8 years ago maybe, it was a little before I moved out of that county in 2015 that a Ky State Trooper was pulling over Mexicans that local farmers hired for farm season and was stealing their cash. The farmers reported it to the county Sheriff which immediately told KSP instead of investigating the complaint.

The farmers lived on a dead end road and the KSP set up a road block at the end of their road and gave them as much crap as possible everytime they left their home.

The trooper was just transfered to another post.

Do not know all the details but a little while after I moved from there I heard a city police captain was found to be selling drugs on the side. Last I heard no charges but have not kept up with it all since moving.

There are good and bad in any group.

I first published this in a thread 5 years ago, yet it does not seem to have penetrated the necessary LE training circles.

It really boils down to the Adversity Factor (AF) which can be calculated according to the following equation:

AF = X^2 / (YZ^3)

Where X is the relative pigment on a scale of 1-10, Y is the fraction of the ethnic group in the US population, and Z is the amount of wealth that the ethnic group controls. Populations with high AF's are afforded more leniency by the media and liberal political forces when it comes to destruction of property, violent criminal activity, and overall douchbaggedness. For example, a Nigerian living in America would have an X = 10, Y = 0.01, and Z = $10M. On the other hand a Jew living in America would have a much lower AF due to the Jewish population's large amount of wealth that is cubed in the denominator. A white cop is screwed due to the X = 1, Y = 0.6, and Z = $5B.

I strongly suggest that LEO's who are faced with a potential lethal force situation use this formula before deploying their sidearm, Taser, or pepper spray. In addition, those of you who are mathematically challenged might want to print AF "dope charts" on your weapon's grip that contains X, Y, and Z variables for the ethnic populations living in your jurisdictions. This will aid in rapid, accurate calculations of a suspect's AF and prevent more tragedies that result in lost life, riots, excessive internet bandwidth use, and white chicks with armpit hair burning down fast food restaurants.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-14-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

For ease of reading and bandwidth preservation can Patrick Taylor maybe put all the police corruption stories in one post. It would make it much easier.

Or...Never mind....continue without me.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    For ease of reading and bandwidth preservation can Patrick Taylor maybe put all the police corruption stories in one post. It would make it much easier.

Or...Never mind....continue without me.
    Hold your horses, DB, we're only on Kentucky right now...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List