Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Site Supporter
    Just FYI, here's a video breakdown in slow motion of the incident: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/u...ta-police.html

It looks like the Wendy's is already on fire, still ...

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1272041838271238144
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Fast food matters. You can't just go around burning down fast food places because the coffee sucks or they change the menu at 11 AM. Or maybe you can now, I don't know.
    Tell that to Michael Douglas...

Name:  45787634-FA3D-4FC1-8F46-78481CE1C958.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  54.3 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    So how many of the ODT Georgia crew live inside the perimeter of Atlanta and will continue to live ITP

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    So how many of the ODT Georgia crew live inside the perimeter of Atlanta and will continue to live ITP
    I moved out of Gwinnett 18 years ago and don't miss it a bit. I do however, spend a fair bit of time working inside the donut called 285 and hate it. Up until recently, (pre Corona scare,) we have had a crew working in CNN Center and I have a customer who is located on Marietta Street, close to the old AJC building and the Gulch. We also have a retail customer that has stores throughout the area. There was talk of building one at The Underground once it went private. I really hope that they have changed their minds.

In other news. It would appear the agitators aren't quite as subtle as they think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQy_retn2AM
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yup, America is about to find out what it's like to start hiring police officers from the same pool of job applicants as McDonald's and Walmart...
    More contemporaneously, I have begun to wonder when we'll begin to see those officers currently 'on the job' start to passively withdraw from the performance of their duties as way of mitigating risk to themselves and their livelihoods. We've all seen how that transpired in Baltimore (post-Freddy Gray) and the effect that it had on the community in terms of increased violent crime. Human nature being what it is, this behavior (e.g.: the resignation of all members of the Hallandale Beach SWAT unit) is hardly surprising. I expect to see more of this as officers--the vast majority of whom are decent, honorable officers--perceiving themselves as losing all reasonable support from their city administration move to isolate/reduce their exposure to unnecessary risk. On a nation-wide scale, such a movement would be disasterous.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 06-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I had to turn off the news listening to all the attorneys and experts saying that the officers should have called him an Uber. How come the drunk driver didn’t call an Uber? One crime I did not cut any slack on was drunk driving. Because I worked graveyard for so many years I averaged at least one a night. I never had a case dismissed due to the blood not coming back over the limit and never had a single case beaten in court because I wrote airtight DUI cases....why, because it is the one thing that really kills, maims and harms the truly innocent. You see first hand what drunk drivers do to those who’s only crime is to be in their vicinity at the wrong time and I cut zero breaks.
    So, if the new normal is black folks are excused of drunk driving for some reason.....I guess society will bear that burden. The rest of America has learned to call an Uber, but I guess with the new BLM America, if you belong to a particular skin pigment class, you can wing it and if you get caught the cops will call for you. I guess we are going to have a new normal.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I had to turn off the news listening to all the attorneys and experts saying that the officers should have called him an Uber. How come the drunk driver didn’t call an Uber? One crime I did not cut any slack on was drunk driving. Because I worked graveyard for so many years I averaged at least one a night. I never had a case dismissed due to the blood not coming back over the limit and never had a single case beaten in court because I wrote airtight DUI cases....why, because it is the one thing that really kills, maims and harms the truly innocent. You see first hand what drunk drivers do to those who’s only crime is to be in their vicinity at the wrong time and I cut zero breaks.
    So, if the new normal is black folks are excused of drunk driving for some reason.....I guess society will bear that burden. The rest of America has learned to call an Uber, but I guess with the new BLM America, if you belong to a particular skin pigment class, you can wing it and if you get caught the cops will call for you. I guess we are going to have a new normal.
    As a side note - DB, it’s good to see you back, hanging out at P-F and being cranky with the rest of us.
    (And I mean that in a good, solving-the-world’s-problems-over-beers kind of way.)

DB Sent Us...Where To?

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  36.7 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

An LEO in the county I grew up in was caught driving drunk in a city in the next county. They did not call him an uber, the county's sheriff's office gave him a personal taxi paid for by the taxpayer and no charges. He also was not parked and sleeping it off, he was driving around drunk bar hoping.

I have no sympathy at all for the dead drunk but until laws apply equally to all.......

User Tag List