Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Site Supporter
    Has this been said? Some suspects have a lifelong history of non-compliance. If they have a juvenile and adult criminal history, often they have extreme hatred and display extreme rage. Add intoxication and physical strength and low intelligence to the mix, this is what you get. Note that I omitted race in the narrative. Repeatedly, I have seen these types of inmates try to fight in jail. Always, controlling them required several persons. With such, two cops ain't got a chance using acceptable tools.

I have seen instances where those arrested for public intoxication were allowed to go home after they became sober. No judge or fine. Sent home by the sheriff. In Atlanta, what would have happened if the cops had issued a ticket and then called a wrecker to haul off the man's car while he stood and watched?

We have turned a corner in America. What we see is what we now have. Let cops of color arrest suspects of color.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...F5WFZCO5X6SQ4/

This is currently going on. I am northeast of Atlanta. I’m waiting for Atlanta to be the next “CHAZ”.

Are multishot tasers in common use, or used by APD? I have no problem with the shoot, but I’d expect to see the argument that the guy spent his one shot and missed and so was “no longer a lethal threat”.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    We have turned a corner in America. What we see is what we now have. Let cops of color arrest suspects of color.
    Like you, I am frustrated, too, but that is not the answer. What LEOs/LEAs need to do is stick with the laws and their departmental policies. We are a nation of laws. There's a reason why that is so.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Are multishot tasers in common use, or used by APD? I have no problem with the shoot, but I’d expect to see the argument that the guy spent his one shot and missed and so was “no longer a lethal threat”.
    Yes, they are multi shot.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Like you, I am frustrated, too, but that is not the answer. What LEOs/LEAs need to do is stick with the laws and their departmental policies. We are a nation of laws. There's a reason why that is so.
    Nice thought. No longer relevant. We are now a nation of feels.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Well Wendy’s just found out about calling the police on people of color.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Nice thought. No longer relevant. We are now a nation of feels.
    So, you're gonna make me quote Doc Roberts, huh? 😳

''Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie''

😂🤣😂🤣😂
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Spot on!

By law, law enforcement officers are expected and legally required to regain control by using force superior to that being used against them.
    We are not legally required to regain control, period.

If you're talking about the old "+1" notion of use of force, that's no longer best practice and was never supported by case law. Reasonable force.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I need to stop reading G-D or I will go broke buying cases of .223

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Well Wendy’s just found out about calling the police on people of color.
    They will apologize.

User Tag List