Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Regarding the fact that someone who was intoxicated to the point of stupor was able to disarm an officer, I’m not surprised. The emergency department is where people who are too drunk for jail are sent. Monthly, I saw a tussle between these patients and cops/security. Sometimes they get the upper hand of multiple layers of hospital security. Heavily intoxicated does not mean non-dangerous.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...F5WFZCO5X6SQ4/

This is currently going on. I am northeast of Atlanta. I’m waiting for Atlanta to be the next “CHAZ”.
    Remember the “why 300BO thread” and I mentioned I had to transit through Atlanta this weekend

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I need to stop reading G-D or I will go broke buying cases of .223
    It does crack me up to come across your posts of buying another case here and there

Site Supporter
    My wife works in Buckhead. I'm glad she got out of the city tonight before this all went down, or she might have been stuck in that mess.

It kills me how the local news channel live coverage of the event refers to the people rioting, lighting fires, and throwing shit at the windows at Wendy's as "protestors".
    Last edited by Robinson; 06-13-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Short of the easy answer of just putting his hands behind his back and submitted to arrest (way to easy), this is a perfect example of banning the carotid control or LVNR submission resulting in a dead suspect. Unintended Consequences of policy made by people clueless in what they are doing. The Chief sure showed leadership courage by quitting and the mayor emphasized why officers will be incredibly indecisive.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We are not legally required to regain control, period.

If you're talking about the old "+1" notion of use of force, that's no longer best practice and was never supported by case law. Reasonable force.
    I had a question about this. I understand there is no assumed liability for individuals.

However is there no assumed duty to protect for the public?

I couldn’t find any cases explicitly about this and had assumed this was the case.

For example in this particular scenario the officers could be acting under duty to protect Public from drunk guy with taser ( stolen from them)

Any insight is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Well, "resigned" is not exactly what she did as people who resign as the CEO usually do not stay employed. This sounds more like she is moving away from the public eye for now with the possibility of reinstatement in the future. https://www.ajc.com/news/local-educa...N1pf62nQa2K2O/
    Like a pro. What happens if Bottoms becomes a VP candidate? Movin on up would be my guess.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-13-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I had a question about this. I understand there is no assumed liability for individuals.

However is there no assumed duty to protect for the public?

I couldn’t find any cases explicitly about this and had assumed this was the case.

For example in this particular scenario the officers could be acting under duty to protect Public from drunk guy with taser ( stolen from them)

Any insight is appreciated.
    If there were a legal requirement to regain control, how could you ever terminate a pursuit? Could an officer be charged for losing a foot chase? Or a fight?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    If there were a legal requirement to regain control, how could you ever terminate a pursuit? Could an officer be charged for losing a foot chase? Or a fight?
    Good questions.

Just genuinely interested.

The goal used to be to protect the public. The goal for officers now will shift to protecting themselves from the public and the public can deal with criminals on their own. Should get fairly Darwin.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List