Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

The Reuters article is bad enough and picking on a lawer's public statements is low hanging fruit but this is too stupid not to share.

"You can't shoot somebody unless they are pointing a gun at you," attorney Chris Stewart said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN23K0RI

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    The Reuters article is bad enough and picking on a lawer's public statements is low hanging fruit but this is too stupid not to share.

"You can't shoot somebody unless they are pointing a gun at you," attorney Chris Stewart said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN23K0RI
    Somebody skipped over a few pages in law school. I also have a suspicion that if the suspect in this case pointed a gun at the officers the standard would change to “only shoot if the officer is mortally wounded....and you should still pay the family millions”.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Somebody skipped over a few pages in law school. I also have a suspicion that if the suspect in this case pointed a gun at the officers the standard would change to “only shoot if the officer is mortally wounded....and you should still pay the family millions”.
    I expect more out of you. How much of law school is really spent on the Constitutional Use of Force by the police? Pages? Maybe a page. Certainly not days or weeks. One very close friend with a JD gave it minutes.

Anyway, I screen captured some of the video where - if the policy and badministrators hadn't forbidden it - the carotid would have been amazingly easy to apply. Why? The bad guy was seated on his butt and the cop was kneeling right behind with an arm across the chest.

If ever there was a moment where "If it saves just one life" is so amazingly applicable it was this one. Apply the carotid and there's a really good chance a fatal OIS doesn't have to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I expect more out of you. How much of law school is really spent on the Constitutional Use of Force by the police? Pages? Maybe a page. Certainly not days or weeks. One very close friend with a JD gave it minutes.

Anyway, I screen captured some of the video where - if the policy and badministrators hadn't forbidden it - the carotid would have been amazingly easy to apply. Why? The bad guy was seated on his butt and the cop was kneeling right behind with an arm across the chest.

If ever there was a moment where "If it saves just one life" is so amazingly applicable it was this one. Apply the carotid and there's a really good chance a fatal OIS doesn't have to occur.
    I saw the exact same thing. Guy would have woke up in cuffs and a nice trip to the jail and out with a summons......but nobody will ever admit that.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Would a real baton (not ASP) have worked better in this situation than the Taser? Assume the officers were trained and it was properly used.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Would a real baton (not ASP) have worked better in this situation than the Taser? Assume the officers were trained and it was properly used.
    They work on pure pain and the day two photos look horrible. The real batons are good for moving non compliant people and suck for rapidly dropping serious bad guys on dope or intoxicants. The reason it is almost a crime to ban the use of carotid control holds and the LVNR is they are the ONLY thing that work on everybody and level of intoxication or mental state is totally irrelevant. Cut off blood to the brain no matter what drug or crazy they are on and they lose consciousness. Period. The side benefit is if done fast and early for the George Floyd’s who are a walking heart attack waiting to happen, they tend to wind up seated in cuffs before they can blow their hearts up in exertion amplified by stimulants. A side benefit is the recovery position used to get suspects back from the haze is the same as what is desirable to avoid excited delirium deaths.
    I was talking to an older trainer the other day and he gave me a dirty little buried secret that when LAPD banned the choke hold, over the next year suspect and Officer injuries increased 400%. Based on where it came from and my own observations I have no doubt that it is accurate, but it was a number buried by the department.

One of the best parts, about retiring from LEO-ing, was handing the issued Taser across that countertop. The political climate had made it a tremendous liability, by 2018, and I was so very glad to be rid of it.

Of the many little things, combining to convince me that it was time to retire, the liability of the Taser, and the need to protect it from snatches, were significant.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-14-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...F5WFZCO5X6SQ4/

The mayor followed through and the officer has been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post

That's the third APD Officer that has been fired without a proper review board. The police union and lawyers will be loving the upcoming lawsuits.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post

Misleading title of that video is misleading. Did they burn cars on the interstate last night? I didn’t see any burning cars in the video. Maybe that happened in another area.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List