Thread: Surefire X300U-A Wobbles, Very Loose Fit

Surefire X300U-A Wobbles, Very Loose Fit

I recently sent a Surefire X300U-A (1000 lumen model) back to the mothership because the light would randomly not work, and the light fit loose on both of my Glocks (19.4 and 19X, yes I used the right plate).

The replacement I was sent is even worse. Is this normal? Does Surefire simply expect us to apply tape to make a nearly $300 tool fit correctly?

Is there some simple fix that I'm missing, short of going to Streamlight or the -B?

I would check tightness on the six screws on the rails. Generally you can get them a little tighter and that will improve the fit.

I have given up on Surefire.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have given up on Surefire.
    Ive given up on everyone else. Streamlight and inforce have great customer service. I just used it way to much.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ive given up on everyone else. Streamlight and inforce have great customer service. I just used it way to much.
    Right.

And since time and labor are the most costly things - streamlight could make a few qc changes and likely make more money by not having to pay a guy to talk to you and ship new parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MedServ60Driver View Post
    I recently sent a Surefire X300U-A (1000 lumen model) back to the mothership because the light would randomly not work, and the light fit loose on both of my Glocks (19.4 and 19X, yes I used the right plate).

The replacement I was sent is even worse. Is this normal? Does Surefire simply expect us to apply tape to make a nearly $300 tool fit correctly?

Is there some simple fix that I'm missing, short of going to Streamlight or the -B?
    So Glock increased the size of the rail to actual 1913 spec on the Gen 5 guns, so if you replace the U latch with P it will fit tight but it will not fit on older Glocks. Simple fix and not a Surefire fault/issue.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MedServ60Driver View Post

The 19.4 and the 19x use different plates. 19.4 should be the smaller U plate and the 19x should be the larger P plate. I know you said you used the right plate, but if you are using the U and only checking on the 19x this is the problem. I have been down this road. The Gen5's and the 19X all use the P plates all previous gens use the U's. My solution was to break down and get an FDE streamlight TLR-1 for the 19X and stick with the U plate on the X300 for my Gen4 and earlier guns.

PS... I know I am the new guy here with just one post... but I've been a lurker for a long long time and following DocGKR and his ballistics info dating back to the ammolab days of 2002/2003 when I was buying for agencies.
    Semper Fi!

User Tag List