Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smith & Wesson MP-15 5.56mm (LE)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Blues,
    On you rifle’s barrel markings is there an "ace of spades" symbol? I'm curious as that's how my particular barrel is marked and I'm told that's a Ballistic Advantage barrel. I have no clue but one of my pals whose more knowledgeable about ARs says that's a good barrel.
    The Ace of spades is BA's logo but that is odd as S&W owns TC and it was my understanding TC made S&W's AR barrels. BA's are good barrels and they OEM for several well known AR makers.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Ace of spades is BA's logo but that is odd as S&W owns TC and it was my understanding TC made S&W's AR barrels. BA's are good barrels and they OEM for several well known AR makers.
    Thanks, since my post I reached out to BA and they said they've never contracted with S&W for barrels. I purchased my rifle used on GunBroker so I guess it had a barrel swap sometime. That wasn't mentioned in the listing and it had the OEM pinned Vortex flashider so I wouldn't have ever suspected it. Not too upset about it though because I got it cheap, it's accurate, has proved reliable, and by all accounts I've found BA makes great barrels.

Still have it ... upgraded with a BCM® Bolt Carrier Group & Aero Precision - AR-15 BREACH Ambi Charging Handle with Large Lever
    Zero problems.

Name:  Resized_20231103_194815.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  72.4 KB

User Tag List