Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson MP-15 5.56mm (LE)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I believe that's the TS model I've owned for a few years. The price is about what I paid as the authorized LE price at the time.

If you like it, I'd say go for it. I'm happy with mine.
    Blues,
    On you rifle’s barrel markings is there an "ace of spades" symbol? I'm curious as that's how my particular barrel is marked and I'm told that's a Ballistic Advantage barrel. I have no clue but one of my pals whose more knowledgeable about ARs says that's a good barrel.

@Chuck Haggard has run his pretty well with no issues if I recall correctly. I think he has close to 3000 rounds on his.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Blues,
    On you rifle’s barrel markings is there an "ace of spades" symbol? I'm curious as that's how my particular barrel is marked and I'm told that's a Ballistic Advantage barrel. I have no clue but one of my pals whose more knowledgeable about ARs says that's a good barrel.
    Don't know, honestly. It's not at hand at the moment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  8135D8E9-FF9C-4F85-AC71-44B269637BD4.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  28.3 KB

One of mine is a M&P15T with a free floated 1/8 barrel. It has a Leupold 1-4 Hog Hunter scope. The above group was shot at 200 yards prone with a bipod with the steel case Hornady 55 grain FMJ ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Name:  8135D8E9-FF9C-4F85-AC71-44B269637BD4.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  28.3 KB

One of mine is a M&P15T with a free floated 1/8 barrel. It has a Leupold 1-4 Hog Hunter scope. The above group was shot at 200 yards prone with a bipod with the steel case Hornady 55 grain FMJ ammo.
    What is the size of that group, @BobM? And how does the 1/8 barrel handle 62 or 77 grain bullets?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

As I recall it was 2” or less. I’ve shot some 60 grain Vmax loads but so far haven’t tried anything heavier. I hop to get some 64 grain Gold Dots and try those.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    IIRC, Rob_s chart shows them as pretty quality.

It's what I use for my patrol rifle and am well satisfied, but I'm 100% a user level knowledge base only and not a demanding consumer.
    Is that the CDNN rifle that was $499 a couple years back? I think we both bought them at the same time. I sold mine to my nephew and it's still going strong, although he has probably only put a few thousand through it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Is that the CDNN rifle that was $499 a couple years back? I think we both bought them at the same time. I sold mine to my nephew and it's still going strong, although he has probably only put a few thousand through it.
    Yeah, that's the one. Other then swapping on an ergo grip the base gun is exactly like it came.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

M&P15 TS .. picked it up on Tuesday very happy with the price and build quality.
    Thanks to all who posted !

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    What is the size of that group, @BobM? And how does the 1/8 barrel handle 62 or 77 grain bullets?
    Name:  1581583E-A65E-4619-B04E-35E55ED19189.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  21.6 KB

Here’s a group I shot yesterday at 200 yards, again with the Hornady steel cased 55 grain training ammunition (of course discontinued last year). The Leupold 1-4 Hog Hunter has a bit of a thick crosshair that is difficult for very fine aiming. This group measures 2 1/4” and was fired prone off a bipod.

User Tag List