Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wheelgun Challenge III

Folks:

Thanks for some great discussion about reloading techniques. Sometimes its nice to get down in the weeds and see how other folks are solving a particular technique.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I use the Ohio/Taylor reload as described by Michael de Bethencourt. Mostly because my left pockets tend to have the space for a reload. Partly because an empty speedloader body falls away more cleanly for me. As a nice bonus, I find the cylinder index on closing to be pretty consistent within a chamber or two and almost always end up with a live round ready to go after a pair from strip/loops/pouch.

Also just ordered up a Tex Shoemaker six-round belt slide with snap closure. Plan to leave it in my bag and be able to snap it on if I feel the need for another reload on my person. Have been leaving a Comp II in there but the flatter profile and included quick donning belt carrier seems handier. That's how I justify it, anyway. The real reason is having watched the first episode of the first Dragnet series, last night. Joe Friday was rocking a belt slide. Else I'd have just used a couple speed strips for the application.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This one?

Thank you, both, for sharing that. I hadn't seen that style reload before. Trying it out, dry fire, in 25 reps I'm almost to my par on dry fire FAST with the universal reload. That's fumbling my way through a new sequence versus many, many lifetime reps of universal. Think I'll give it week of practice but very promising so far. Like the feel of not reacquiring the grip. Though my left thumb and palm are very mildly letting me know they don't have the proper calluses yet :-)

Continuing to work the Ohio(?) reload and am becoming a true believer. 5th day of practice and dry fire FAST is now down 0.8 to 1 second faster than my par with the Universal reload. I'm liking this!

Happenstance find of the day:

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-VI...dp/B0016KL9BC/

Got one of these a few weeks back as a belt pouch for my oversized Swiss Army knife. Wrapping up dry fire for the day, came to the realization it is about perfectly sized for a single K-Frame JetLoader without looking all tacticool. Focused on the hiking fanny pack right now so probably won't play with using the Swiss pouch for a belt speedloader for a bit. Seems promising though.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Continuing to work the Ohio(?) reload and am becoming a true believer. 5th day of practice and dry fire FAST is now down 0.8 to 1 second faster than my par with the Universal reload. I'm liking this!

Happenstance find of the day:

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-VI...dp/B0016KL9BC/

Got one of these a few weeks back as a belt pouch for my oversized Swiss Army knife. Wrapping up dry fire for the day, came to the realization it is about perfectly sized for a single K-Frame JetLoader without looking all tacticool. Focused on the hiking fanny pack right now so probably won't play with using the Swiss pouch for a belt speedloader for a bit. Seems promising though.
    I got one. I’ll have to wad up some cloth and put it into the pouch to keep the speedloader (Comp II) from dropping too far down.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I got one. I’ll have to wad up some cloth and put it into the pouch to keep the speedloader (Comp II) from dropping too far down.
    Yeah, the JetLoaders are tall. By eyeball right now I'd say roughly an inch taller. They may be slightly slimmer too. Comp II doesn't insert as smoothly in the pouch trying one just now though still doable. Hope it works well for you!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Yeah, the JetLoaders are tall. By eyeball right now I'd say roughly an inch taller. They may be slightly slimmer too. Comp II doesn't insert as smoothly in the pouch trying one just now though still doable. Hope it works well for you!
    I think it'll work. I might try it with some S&W Shield magazines, too.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List