Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G34.5 MOS v. Milling G19X For General Use and Competition

G34.5 MOS v. Milling G19X For General Use and Competition

The title pretty much says it all. I am debating between having my G19X milled for a RMR, or buy a Glock 34 MOS (just to have something different).

I've been carrying a milled Glock 19 with RMR for about two years, and I'm a convert. My goal here is to get a full-sized optics gun for general use, classes, and carry optics competition. I know the most logical and economic choice is to mill the G19X, but I'm also G34 curious and like the idea of a dedicated iron sight gun.

How's the recoil impulse on the G34.5 v. the G19X/G45? I haven't had the opportunity to fire one.

So, should I save some money and get the G19X milled, or say cowabunga and buy a new gun?

Split the difference. Buy a new non-MOS G45 and have it milled.

I am not a competitive shooter. I really liked my 45 but once you realized I wasn’t going to carry it I decided on a 34. I liked the 45. I love the 34. I don’t have rmr. I would shoot both the 45 felt better in my hand but I like the way the 34 shoots. I don’t have drills on a timer simply feel.

Forward Controls Design OPF is the answer for MOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a very noticeable difference between a compact and a 34.

I greatly prefer the fullsize slide guns

I think color aside, a G45 is a better gun than the 19X because it has the breech face cut, a better mag well, and it takes Gen 5 mag base plates.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You can do some interesting things with a G45MOS...

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  100.6 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by MedServ60Driver View Post

How's the recoil impulse on the G34.5 v. the G19X/G45?
    G34 has probably the softest recoil impulse of 9mm Glocks (I've not fired 17L), the 19x has fairly abrupt one but it is not that difficult to control. I prefer the latter. I am in a minority. I do think that @GJM will join me soon though. He started with the 34 stating that his match scores were better, until they became better with the 17. He just needs to let loose and try a shorty again.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    G34 has probably the softest recoil impulse of 9mm Glocks (I've not fired 17L), the 19x has fairly abrupt one but it is not that difficult to control. I prefer the latter. I am in a minority. I do think that @GJM will join me soon though. He started with the 34 stating that his match scores were better, until they became better with the 17. He just needs to let loose and try a shorty again.
    I prefer a 19 to a 34 as well. It's less about tracking the sights and more about them nicely returning to the spot they belong. And that's probably even more important with a dot.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

My only addition to this is rather than milling for an RMR, consider Agency’s AOS set up as it future proofs the slide while positioning the dot as low as a direct mill configuration.

I have it on my 45 and couldn’t be happier.

User Tag List