Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: DAO vs DA/SA, what do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Is that a WC grip module on your P250?
    Yes. Technically a chopped WC module so I can run 15rd magazines.

Name:  D5A22B55-A5F2-4869-B093-0438B107C1E9.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  86.1 KB

Site Supporter
    I recently picked up DAK P239 in .357 to complement my DA/SA P239. I was thinking maybe I wouldn’t miss the SA if the DA was a bit lighter and smoother. And, I have noticed DA to SA requires a slight hand adjustment to get into ideal SA position.

Name:  1F9A5AF9-04BB-4F13-98D5-DC521AB79470.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  47.0 KB

I like the DAK. It’s not exactly Kahr material, but it’s smoother than a regular DA pull. It does stack slightly near the break and there’s some overtravel... which sometimes throws my sight off to the right.

Name:  889AFB5B-6601-4266-8FF1-A6C4EEFE3E11.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  23.1 KB

Not trying to impress you guys with my mediocre shooting... but, you can see a few flyers bleeding off to the upper right—which is where the sight tends to “bounce” when I’m dry firing.

So, I like DAO, in theory. I shoot my Kahr well and I shoot this DAK P239 decently, I guess. If I could dial out a little bit of the stacking and the overtravel, I don’t think I’d miss the SA.

Either way... I just ordered 500 rounds of .357 Sig because most of the decent 9mm I’m seeing isn’t a hell of a lot cheaper. So... I’m gonna be getting plenty more practice with this little cannon.

Student
    Either one is fine as long as it's a Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Either one is fine as long as it's a Beretta.
    Next time I see one of them old ex-PD 92D models laying around for a low low price, it’s probably gonna be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Next time I see one of them old ex-PD 92D models laying around for a low low price, it’s probably gonna be mine.
    I hear they practically give those away these days because nobody wants them.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I hear they practically give those away these days because nobody wants them.
    I dunno about that. Last one I saw locally was a 92D Centurion and that was about 5 years ago. They wanted enough for it that I decided to wait a little bit. Figured if it sat there for a couple months I’d get it cheap...... well, I went back a couple weeks later on another mission and it was gone. I don’t really regret it all that much, but I do kinda wish I’d gone ahead and made a lowball offer that day just t see if I’d have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I dunno about that. Last one I saw locally was a 92D Centurion and that was about 5 years ago. They wanted enough for it that I decided to wait a little bit. Figured if it sat there for a couple months I’d get it cheap...... well, I went back a couple weeks later on another mission and it was gone. I don’t really regret it all that much, but I do kinda wish I’d gone ahead and made a lowball offer that day just t see if I’d have scored.
    Everything is being sucked up new or used. My FFL called me today to say he has a buyer for two of my 1911's. They won't be 2019 prices. I think the SHTF.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-09-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ve been married to the LEM for about 15 years now. It’s “love/hate” for certain. I
    despise “the wall” but with consistent practice, it’s workable. I
    Have a P229 that was originally DA/SA. I converted it to DAO a number of years back. Still enjoy it. For a carry gun, it makes all the sense in the world.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

So far, it’s been DA/SA for me. Although I’ve never held, shot or even seen a Type D Beretta Storm PX4- only heard about them, but I could see getting used to that consistent first DA shot all the way through, but then again, even though I do like the first shot to be the more idiot-proof, longer-traveled and stiffer trigger pull, I do like the much easier and shorter-pulled SA trigger on the rest of the rounds for quicker, more accurate follow-up shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned about a half dozen DAO pistols over 43 years I've been shooting, and they've all been sold off, or in the case of my Sig P226 NYPD trade in, converted to DA/SA, when possible. I would have to say the only one I've really liked is my Sig P220 DAK, which isn't stock at all. I don't know what was done to it or who did it, but it's super smooth and when I've shot other DAK pistols, I've been severely disappointed.
    The closest gun to the 220 DAK's pull in a TDA gun is my Astra A75, which is almost as smooth as the Sig is. It was apparently worked on before I got it too, as other A75's I've shot aren't nearly so nice.

User Tag List