Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DAO vs DA/SA, what do you prefer?

DA/SA CZ's for me currently. Although, I am toying with some other options currently! I prefer DA/SA though.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Between the two - I've come to prefer DAO.

But as noted, it's probably a heavy LEM.

Can you tell us what Variant is listed on the box?
    Don't have the box. I'll have my hands on it soon. I'm assuming it's a V1 as there is no decocker and no hammer spur to thumb cock the hammer. The trigger is very light on take up.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-11-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Personal choice but if I want a DAO, it's a revolver.

Site Supporter
    The DAO trigger on my SIG P250 is better than even my best S&W revolver trigger. Keeping my eyes open for a spare locally at a good price.

Site Supporter
    I wish I had invested in the Gen 2 P250s. Four compacts and four sub compacts would be enough to last me.

I carry a P30 with the LEM trigger. I probably shoot my DA/SA CZs slightly better but I consider the HK to be a tad more idiot resistant. I thumb the hammer going into the holster and find this keeps me pretty squared away for any of my CZs. You should have a go with the LEM, you can always find it a new home if it doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Pretty much all I shoot are TDA CZs. I’m carrying a P-07 right now, and couldn’t ask for a better gun. I like the fairly light 7lb DA, and crisp 3.25lb SA.

However, my daughter is strongly considering a p30sk light LEM. This seems like a safe gun, that is reliable, shootable, and simple.

She has really small hands, so we are wondering if the reach will be too long, even with the smallest grip panels. @Borderland, can you comment on that?
    I'm so ignorant about HK triggers I wouldn't have a clue. The only HK I have is an HK45. My hands are too large for many large gloves so probable bigger than average. This P30 SK seems like a good size for average size hands but I only inspected it for a few minutes. I'll know more after I play with it for awhile. I'll ask my wife as she has small hands.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm a major proponent for DAO and/or LEM, particularly on a duty gun; Dagga Boy has an excellent discussion thread here on p-f on the merits of LEM compared to other action alternatives in a duty gun.

My LEM is a V1.5 in a P30L; my DAO is a Beretta 92D, heavily upgraded with Wilson Combat and Langdonn LTT components.

There is a learning curve with LEM and DAO, and if you're a gun gamer primarily it's probably not the best choice for pure speed.

The smoothness of the Beretta DAO is equivelant to a tuned classic S&W revolver, it's really nice.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I wish I had invested in the Gen 2 P250s. Four compacts and four sub compacts would be enough to last me.
    Mine is actually a nickel slide E prefix first generation gun.
    Changed the grip module to a small 2nd gen type with corresponding floor plates and slide release.
    About 700 rounds fired with no issues whatsoever.

LEM is my preferred trigger system for pistols that might be used for defensive purposes. But the LEM is not a proper DAO, as mentioned earlier.

User Tag List