Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DAO vs DA/SA, what do you prefer?

I just picked it up and decided to try it. P-30 SK V1 light LEM. So it isn't traditional DAO like I thought, but a hybrid DAO/SAO like a few pointed out.

I haven't shot it but I think I'm going to like it for EDC. Nothing to manage except the trigger. I like the concept anyway. It's a bigger pistol than I imagined but that's OK also because I don't shoot small pistols well. Thanks for all the input.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

also, TDA > *.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Deleted, as what I had typed was made moot by the OP’s new pistol not actually being DAO.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-11-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Pretty much all I shoot are TDA CZs. I’m carrying a P-07 right now, and couldn’t ask for a better gun. I like the fairly light 7lb DA, and crisp 3.25lb SA.

However, my daughter is strongly considering a p30sk light LEM. This seems like a safe gun, that is reliable, shootable, and simple.

She has really small hands, so we are wondering if the reach will be too long, even with the smallest grip panels. @Borderland, can you comment on that?
    I have some idea of the size and trigger now. I'm still changing grip panels to see what works for me. I measured my hand for reference. 4" across my palm at the center. 4" from base of thumb to index finger distal joint. Or 4 1/2" to my normal trigger placement.

The large rear grip panel makes the grip too big for my hand. I think medium will work the best but I won't know until I shoot it. I'll change the panels out at the range to figure that out.

The grip (medium panel) fills my hand up pretty well and ergonomically about perfect for me. If a persons hand is much smaller than mine (thumb to distal joint) the P-30 may be a bit to large to shoot well.

HK calls it a "subcompact" I think that's a bit of wishful thinking. I would call it a compact.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-13-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    HK calls it a "subcompact" I think that's a bit of wishful thinking. I would call it a compact.
    I would agree on the sizing. Closer to the G19, than the G26. That being said, I like the SK for what it is being 6’3”. Just right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the concept of a DA/SA a lot, but I cannot shoot them for squat, so I am reduced to either DAO or SA.

I liked my 1911 cocked and locked but it kept aggravating my nervous condition, so I went to a DAO 9mm for carry.

Site Supporter
    I prefer CZ Da/SA. If Beretta still made DAO 92's, I would own a couple. I shot them well and kick myself from moving on to other systems.

Update.

I've put a few hundred rounds thru it now in two range trips. My biggest complaint with DA/SA was the heavy DA trigger. I don't like safeties on a carry so this works well for me. I also found the decocker on the P-30 DA/SA to be in an awkward place being used to Sig decockers. No decocker on this pistol, it doesn't need one.

I can understand the logic of the light LEM trigger now. Some aren't going to like it and I can understand that. I'm still not 100% sure about this purchase. I'll wait until I have a few thousand rounds thru it to decide, but I'm really not seeing any advantages to DA/SA with a decocker. I may actually sell my P-239 in this hot pistol market. The two systems are not compatible for SD carry.

Thanks for all the input. All very helpful.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Is that a WC grip module on your P250?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List