Thread: Updating My 2020 Seminar Schedule

Updating My 2020 Seminar Schedule

As most people would probably understand, teaching the seminars I do that involve about 95% physical contact has been impossible to do the past few months. When even the big names in the BJJ world who do constant seminars with 50+ attendees are idle, then I will be in the same boat. Not only are the classes that were supposed to happen March/April/May/June not going to happen, it also screws up near future ones. I have multiple ones upcoming over the next two months in places where the state is either not opened up at all, or is only partially opened with major restrictions on physical contact still in place. Where that gets tricky is that everyone, including myself, my host, and the students have to plan things in advance - travel, accommodation, the availability of facilities, etc - and planning on conducting or traveling to a seminar rarely is a last minute decision. It is one thing to say that Washing ton will PROBABLY be open by late July and I could do my course in Spokane, but no one knows and no actual plans can be made, possibly until a week or two prior, which does no one any good.

So in conjunction with my hosts, I am juggling my schedule for the rest of 2020 and and figuring out where I can make things work for everybody. The current fall classes will remain in place, and I will be looking to see where the current summer courses can be fit. I wish I could have done this sooner, but I had a death in my immediate family which took precedence over everything else, and most of the problem lies in the actions of a handful of governors who hold my fate hostage.

I am finalizing dates now and will have a new full and revamped schedule up ASAP. I do know that Spokane, scheduled for late June, has been moved to August 29/30. I will announce the other changes shortly. Thanks for everyone's interest, as well as your patience while we all navigate through this bizzaro time
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

If you come to DFW, you are always welcome here at the hacienda.

Remember our new state motto: "Risk it for the brisket."

what about a group buy for the Defense BJJ DVD? Clicking the link goes to a warning "THIS STORE HAS BEEN ABANDONED"

Cecil, thanks for the updates. I was getting ready for that seven hour drive. In any case I would have e mailed to confirm.

Take care
    Frank

I'm still hoping that I can make it to Orlando in September. I've tried not to press.

These times are surely tough for your business and your family. Hang in there.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

And in Cecil's case, the Braums ice cream [emoji16].
    "Risk it for the brisket, come on for the butter pecan."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    what about a group buy for the Defense BJJ DVD? Clicking the link goes to a warning "THIS STORE HAS BEEN ABANDONED"

I have no more copies and it is impossible for me to get any more. My intent is to re-film it because I have made a number of tweaks (mostly in the POI more than any technique) and I want current info available. Hopefully that will happen by next summer. I will be doing some specific professional filming this August, but that will be for clips, and for those patrons who have trained with me to have the complete seminar material available on video to review at their leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I'm still hoping that I can make it to Orlando in September. I've tried not to press.

These times are surely tough for your business and your family. Hang in there.

-Cory

Thanks dude. Orlando may be iffy for this year. That is one that may have to get shifted to 2021 because the host himself has a lot on his plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I am trying to make Dallas happen. I have been every year since 2011. I hate to break that streak.

The prime rib at Hard8, Braums, Babes fried chicken, and damn fine people make it one of my favorite places.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I am trying to make Dallas happen. I have been every year since 2011. I hate to break that streak.

The prime rib at Hard8, Braums, Babes fried chicken, and damn fine people make it one of my favorite places.
    We also have substantial Bourbon supplies coming online as we speak.

User Tag List