Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m just wondering if they’re making serious efforts to capture the resident warlord and his cohorts and try them for dispensing weapons and gunning down unarmed black kids...
    Hence my question about the charges. If the feds are involved, then maybe something will stick. If it's just the City Attorney, then it will be business as usual.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

My theory is that the Really Important People in the area, the high level Democratic Party Donors, started getting a hard pinch from these shenanigans. So, they likely had a Come-To-Jesus meeting with the Mayor and City Counsel people, and let them know that not only were they about to soon become ex-politicians, they were about to soon become poor ex-politicians.

It's not like the Khmer Rouge Cosplayers are going to give their campaigns money, or enough to actually matter.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Khmer Rouge Cosplayers
    Pure awesome!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It is. It comes from refusing to accept that people are basically venal and selfish, and that the rule of law is the only way to protect the many from the few.

The people of Seattle elect officials who run on progressive platforms that erode the rule of law, and despite the fact that Seattle has been crawling with junkies and hoboes for decades, the voters are astonished that elected leaders lack the will to deal with lawlessness in the CHOP.

But it's not just Seattle. Look at the people all over the country who decided that they suddenly need a gun and were furious that the gun-control laws that they supported kept them from getting one when they wanted it.

It feels like the Pacific Northwest is very near a tipping point. CHOP has forced the world to watch all of the progressive left's bad ideas being distilled down into one bitter stew. Two children were murdered in CHOP on CHOP's watch. It's up to the the voters of Seattle to respond, but I don't have much faith in them.

Okie John

Neither do I based upon their past performance (they've never allowed facts or common sense to modulate their behavior).
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Damn...The Hell's Angels and Mongols had they party ruined. They declared a truce with each other and decided to go party together in Seattle over the 4th. I was really hoping they'd get some action.

Some black lives matter more than others, I guess.

Yes, they do.. what’s more concerning, is that if elected, Joe Biden will probably give these marxist bastards (BLM) a seat at the table, where they’ll have a say in policy... And if I had to guess, Dementia Joe, would probably be good with anything they wanted...
    Last edited by ralph; 07-01-2020 at 01:42 PM.

It's not like the Khmer Rouge Cosplayers are going to give their campaigns money, or enough to actually matter.
    The Pol Pot calling the kettle black.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Pol Pot calling the kettle black.
    They should take a Holiday in Cambodia.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

My theory is that the Really Important People in the area, the high level Democratic Party Donors, started getting a hard pinch from these shenanigans.
    CHOP's mistake was to set up on Capitol Hill, which is a bastion of support for progressive politicians. Had they set up in the Rainer Valley they'd still be there.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    They should take a Holiday in Cambodia.
    Or maybe the PRC...

Nothing could be finer
    Than to be trained in Red China...
    Urban warring.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List