Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I read that as black-clad antifa dirtbags...do I need a new prescription?
    a little column a, a little column b.

No foul

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Wondering Beard

Just to flesh out what I stated above regarding Mr. Pitts, Jr.

Years ago, while I was living and working in South FL and Mr. Pitts working at the Miami Herald, he wrote an opinion piece where he told about attending a high school (I believe) reunion with a bunch of his former classmates.

At the reunion he apparently took issue with the cultural appropriation exhibited by white attendees who were doing a bad job of dancing in a manner normally attributed to blacks to black music. They were described in such fashion as to indicate basically spastic, no rhythm moves and generally embarrassing themselves.

He went on to opine about white appropriation of things related to black culture...whether dance, appearance, music, language etc.
    Had it been satire or meant as comedy it would have been fine. But it came across as mean spirited.

I wrote Mr. Pitts, Jr. a long letter stating my dissatisfaction with his stated position but received no reply.

After a couple of weeks I decided to call him at the Herald and was able to get him on the phone. We spoke for about 30 minutes.

During that conversation I asked him if white people should be offended that black people played European musical instruments? I told him I hoped not as then I'd never have gotten to listen to John Coltrane.

Should white people be offended that blacks played and excelled at sports invented by white folks? I hoped not as I'd have missed out on watching some of the greatest athletes that were heroes of mine growing up.

What about availing themselves of other technologies invented by white folks and on and on.

Then as to the broad portrayal of whites as lacking rhythm and other generalities, I asked if I needed to bring up chicken or watermelon.

He told me that he did not intend for his article to be dismissive or prejudicial of white people, but admitted that he could "now" see that it was...and apologized for it. Both to me, and as I recall, in the newspaper.

Our conversation ended very pleasantly and it turned out that we shared the love of some great artists and musicians and in the end I felt glad that I spoke with him and had the opportunity to point out that racism works both ways.

And that's my story in a nutshell.
    I love John Coltrane. Period. So does my granddaughter.

Proof I have raised a brilliant child.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I love John Coltrane. Period. So does my granddaughter.

Proof I have raised a brilliant child.
    I have more of his recordings than I can remember.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    HCM, where did you find this?
    YouTube

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    But they're not in WA anymore, they're in CHAZ. WA law doesn't apply, right?
    It wouldn't be very Autonomous if they let WA gun laws get in the way of the revoloution.

Site Supporter
    Washington (thanks to I-1639) also requires anyone in possession of a "semi-automatic assault rifle" to be over 21, fill out a special form to be kept by the state, have a training certificate and pass an at-least ten day waiting period if the local LE organization has the staff to do it.

I'm sure all the politicians who endorsed that initiative are eager to enforce it here.
    Last edited by idahojess; 06-15-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Wait, are they doing settlements now?

(I kid, I kid. I'm confused by the AR-15 videos...I thought CHAZ was a block party. Turns out it's a bloc party.)

What's the big deal? Let Seattle deal with its little insurrection. It will eventually go away and things will get back to normal. Remember the 60's? Seattle was a hotbed of protest like many cities and college towns but it moved on. I remember my mom having difficulties getting to work at city hall due to protests. Besides she brought home cool photos taken with her hippie co-workers and which were hilarious.

There are a lot of things I don't like about my hometown but this isn't one of them.

Site Supporter
    In a special Fox News report, the hosts of Fox and Friends, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram, Sean Hannity- gear up like Snake Plissken and parachute into CHAZ to bring order to Seattle.

They are never seen again.

User Tag List