Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I would totally be down for a job as a Deliverator. Hell, I could build the car *AND* drive it! PIZZA IN 30 MINS NO MATTER WHAT, PEOPLE!
    But do you have nasty Katana skills?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    This strikes me as a no-win for the city officals in the short term. I take the John Brown crowd pretty seriously. But how do they keep food and water flowing? The demands that will be coming soon will be interesing.

It certainly puts a new spin on liberals being ousted by gunmen.

Hopefully, it doesn't end up looking like Waco x1000.
    Thus far the city has refused to cut off water or power and are still allowing people to enter and leave.

If the cops or mayor bug out what does the governor do? This has the potential of lasting months if nobody is willing to starve them out. I don’t see anybody in Seattle with the balls to do it. City leaders have called their withdrawal an exercise in trust.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    I'm a miserable programmer, but as a teenager I took some Kenpo and Kendo classes and I have a late 19th-century Gendaito willed to me... close enough?!
    *best awkward job interview smile*

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Here I just got back from the sandy side of the world, only to see the same fucked up dumb corrupted shit happening to helpless and defenseless people here in America.

Strangely, I'm a lot less sympathetic for these folks, but it does make me worry about what the fuck is really going on and why the fuck people are even humoring the slightest notion of it.
    Glad to see you're back

Site Supporter
    Seattle is just exercising its states rights. I'm sure it'll work out well just like last time.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Two things I am hearing as of this evening; sister & brother in law live a bit north of downtown in the Magnolia neighborhood.

1) apparently some rapper dude (RAZ?) and his posse may have taken over as the face of operations. Yay, Communo-Anarchist-to-warlord in what, 48 hours? Gotta be a world record, if true.

2) City Hall & main PD station(?) have been vacated by agreement with Mayor Durkan & PD Chief and are now occupied by "protesters".

Would be great if I can get outside confirmation, though my mom called me 20 mins ago, aghast at the news from network TV of the City Hall & PD being surrendered.
    Maybe I'll drive down there tomorrow with some lattes and biscotte to see if they'll let me in.

On a serious note, having lived in the area for 45 years I don't think this a drill. They're testing the mayor and city council. They won't do shit about it because they know it looks too anti BLM. My guess is people living in the area and businesses are just screwed. It will be like the Cliven Bundy standoff. People from all over the country will be rushing to Seattle to be part of the revolution.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Some of those tweets are faked, FYI. The one about running out of food sort of obviously.

This kind of thing is why I left Seattle, but it won't amount to much. More of a symptom than a disease

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    While you were partying, I studied the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ll have a Coke.
    Add a steak, with a smile!!!

Cordon the whole area, no one gets in or out until they remember what Stalingrad was really like in WWII

I will never understand the obsession people have for Seattle. It is such a shithole.

I feel bad for the National Guardsmen that will ultimately have to retake the “Autonomous Zone”.

User Tag List