Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Abolish the Police? Those Who Survived the Chaos in Seattle Aren’t So Sure

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/u...-protests.html

Young white men wielding guns would harangue customers as well as Mr. Khan, a gay man of Middle Eastern descent who moved here from Texas so he could more comfortably be out. To get into his coffee shop, he sometimes had to seek the permission of self-appointed armed guards to cross a border they had erected.

“They barricaded us all in here,” Mr. Khan said. “And they were sitting in lawn chairs with guns.”
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Abolish the Police? Those Who Survived the Chaos in Seattle Aren’t So Sure

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/u...-protests.html
    It's an excellent article.

Site Supporter
    Holy Crap - a good article from the NY Times. Who will first to announce that they won't read it!!

It is a good dose of cold water on those who think no police will bring a utopian happy bunny land. Not to say there aren't real issues but the dichotomy seizures of today's political world are bringing us down.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Holy Crap - a good article from the NY Times. Who will first to announce that they won't read it!!

It is a good dose of cold water on those who think no police will bring a utopian happy bunny land. Not to say there aren't real issues but the dichotomy seizures of today's political world are bringing us down.
    I'm curious, Dr. Meyer, what you, as a better than average informed layman, perceive as the "real issues". I agree that there are such issues, but my perspective is that of a 28 year veteran of LE who is intimately involved in police use of force training. We may not be perceiving the same needs. Honest question, not a gotcha.

Student
    https://thepostmillennial.com/seattl...be-street-czar

The city of Seattle has hired an ex-pimp at a $150,000 a year salary as the new "Street Czar," Andre Taylor. Before Taylor was contracted by the city to provide "expertise and support services in de-escalation, community engagement, and alternatives to policing," he was engaged in prostitution.
    Taylor was featured in the 1999 documentary American Pimp which examined "pimping subculture," and is known to have bragged about impregnating the young girls he pimped.
    https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/1998/...mping-charges/

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2000/...ederal-prison/

A Las Vegas pimp who traveled across several state lines with an underage prostitute was sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prison Thursday.
    Jurors were given a peak into the world of prostitution by two of Taylor's former prostitutes. They said they worked seven days a week and turned over all of their profits to Taylor, who lived in a $300,000 house and wore $4,000 Versace suits and a $90,000 Rolex watch.
    In a long speech to McKibben, Taylor said that because he came from "the womb of a prostitute and the seed of a pimp," he struggled for a long time before finally figuring out that prostitution is "immoral before God." A lengthy prison term will not change him because he has already changed, Taylor said.

Brilliant!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I bet he rules the zone with a strong pimp hand.

As an aside, I have to wonder how much CARES funding is going towards shit like this. These mayors and govs do know the fed has guidelines on how that is supposed to spent, right? Right?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Pimping ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Pimping ain't easy.

"And you know that..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The money is easy....it's the management that's required from time to time that takes it's toll.

Pimping ain't easy.

User Tag List