Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

And just today, a story about businesses leaving the downtown areas of Seattle and Portland. The quotes from business owners are very telling. They are just tired of putting up with years of bad city management. Everything from endless road construction to feces on the sidewalks. At the end, a business owner says his downtown store could still be profitable, but his employees don't want to go there. That says a lot.

In yet another sign of COVID-19′s mounting economic costs, the Columbia Sportswear store has joined the list of businesses that won’t reopen in downtown Seattle after the pandemic. Columbia Sportswear, one of Oregon’s largest companies, hasn’t pub...
    https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...-closures.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'm curious, Dr. Meyer, what you, as a better than average informed layman, perceive as the "real issues". I agree that there are such issues, but my perspective is that of a 28 year veteran of LE who is intimately involved in police use of force training. We may not be perceiving the same needs. Honest question, not a gotcha.
    I took his use of the phrase "real issues" to refer to popular concerns with capitalism and extremes in wealth and poverty, rather than implying any "real issues" within law enforcement.

The reason BLM and Antifa are targeting the rule of law (including laws, law and order, and law enforcement) is, I think, because they intend to bring a day of reckoning - including a violent death - to anyone they don't like.

Have you seen their guillotines? The rule of law stands against that kind of behavior, even when conducted as part of a self-righteous mob, so they first target the rule of law.

Vaya con Dios

My fervent wish for all those misbegotten souls who do not appreciate democracy, the rule of law and those who risk life and limb to enforce it:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    And just today, a story about businesses leaving the downtown areas of Seattle and Portland. The quotes from business owners are very telling. They are just tired of putting up with years of bad city management. Everything from endless road construction to feces on the sidewalks. At the end, a business owner says his downtown store could still be profitable, but his employees don't want to go there. That says a lot.

In yet another sign of COVID-19′s mounting economic costs, the Columbia Sportswear store has joined the list of businesses that won’t reopen in downtown Seattle after the pandemic. Columbia Sportswear, one of Oregon’s largest companies, hasn’t pub...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    High time. Gert Boyle would have told Ted Wheeler and Jenny Durkan to fuck off with a quickness.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post

This fairly represents the small business owners we know. One is moving to Bend. Another is terrified every time she goes to work because her store is in the riot zone, and has aggressive vagrants squatting in front.

Add ever-increasing local taxes, and it makes Portland more and more unattractive for business owners.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Deleted.......
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-22-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I cannot wait to leave Washington for good.

Kanye has nothing on this guy. Working hard to be your ambassador of good will and lets make a deal. Probably be on the city council in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I cannot wait to leave Washington for good.
    Where you goin?
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-22-2020 at 07:34 PM.

User Tag List