Page 27 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Can you read? It came directly from someone inside. I'm not going to dox them on a public forum, nor would I tell you via pm.

Ok, well I guess I have to accept a secondhand anonymous report as a definitive truth, and buy this is anarchy.

I going to repeat my offer earlier to a poster who claimed he "had a cousin right outside" the zone.

1) I dox myself to you. Everything but SSN. We can set up Skype or something to establish who I am.

2.) I promise on my life to not reveal your source, and if I do, you can make my life pretty difficult with my
    info. Plus I quit the forum forever.

2) I wire/send $100 to your source.

3) I get 10 minutes to chat with your source.

4) Everything checks out, I write a 1000 word essay of public apology for my arrogance and post it here.

Not that you have any responsibility to prove shit to me. Just an offer.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Ok, well I guess I have to accept a secondhand anonymous report as a definitive truth, and buy this is anarchy.

I going to repeat my offer earlier to a poster who claimed he "had a cousin right outside" the zone.

1) I dox myself to you. Everything but SSN. We can set up Skype or something to establish who I am.

2.) I promise on my life to not reveal your source, and if I do, you can make my life pretty difficult with my
    info. Plus I quit the forum forever.

2) I wire/send $100 to your source.

3) I get 10 minutes to chat with your source.

4) Everything checks out, I write a 1000 word essay of public apology for my arrogance and post it here.

Not that you have any responsibility to prove shit to me. Just an offer.
    Why are you being weird about this, dude. Take a step back for a minute and ask yourself what your goal is, here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Knock it off Baldy, this is not moving the conversation forward. You already have your answer, accept it or don't.

ETA: Apparently, GMTA.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

WA isn't operating free of COVID restrictions...and one of the practices is that nothing in the zone costs money. That's directly from a coffee shop and restaurant owner in the zone, well except for the shake down money that's being asked for.

But go the fuck on with your bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Has it been confirmed that shakedowns for "protection money" are occurring? I didn't see anything definitive so sources are most appreciated!
    It came directly from a business owner inside the occupied zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Cite?

And could you clarify?

Are you saying she (the Seattle Police Chief) didn’t say what she is shown saying on the video attached to the tweet? Or that she did say what she is shown saying but later said no, there haven’t been rapes, robberies, and all sorts of violent acts that have been occurring in the area that we’re not able to get to.
    Are you saying she (the Seattle Police Chief) didn’t say what she is shown saying on the video attached to the tweet? Or that she did say what she is shown saying but later said no, there haven’t been rapes, robberies, and all sorts of violent acts that have been occurring in the area that we’re not able to get to.

I know she walked back the part about extortion of local businesses, saying they haven’t anything definitive on that. But I haven’t seen anything where she walked back what she said about rape, robbery and violence calls from the area. If I missed that, and that’s certainly possible, cite?
    Source?

Twitter I bet.

Where does your understanding originate?
    Who?
    Can you read? It came directly from someone inside. I'm not going to dox them on a public forum, nor would I tell you via pm.
    Good lord, kids -- search is your friend.

Best as is reported, yes, SPD has walked back all claims of extortion, violence, etc. as being anecdotal and unconfirmed: https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...t-my-decision/

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/seatt...haz-extortion/

The "business owner inside the occupied zone" claiming extortion is apparently -- unless anyone can find better info -- an anonymous poster on the Capital Hill Seattle Blog whose assertion is unverified: https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...comment-744514
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Cite?

And could you clarify?

Watching that video, it's amazing how dispassionate she is about the horrible offenses happening in the zone.

I guess I'm cynical, but she strikes me as someone throwing out a statement to get her precinct back.

She has also said "response times are three times longer" to emergency calls since the precinct has been abandoned.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/chi...BCSK7HJP6OSHA/

This is now on the Twitter as "chief says crime up 300%" (How could you know in a cop free zone?)

Can the cops not respond at all?

Or is the response three times longer?

When someone makes two incompatible statements within 24 hours, but both serve the same narrative, I feel pretty justified in wanting a lot more info before buying anything they say.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I know she walked back the part about extortion of local businesses, saying they haven’t anything definitive on that. But I haven’t seen anything where she walked back what she said about rape, robbery and violence calls from the area. If I missed that, and that’s certainly possible, cite?
    I am saying I believe less than nothing on Twitter on its been reportedly walked back by Seattle PD.

https://www.businessinsider.com/seat...inesses-2020-6

Wheels are starting to come off

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How many years will we be paying lip service to, and waging an ineffective war to rid ourselves of the CHAZiphate?
    Lordy, I hadn’t considered this. Seattle is just weird enough to turn this thing into a permanent tourist spot—like Pike Place, the sculpture gardens, or the Chihuly glass exhibit.

In two years, one will be able to see the sci-fi exhibit at the pop culture museum, go up in the space needle, get your counter-culture/retro-fa fix at “the CHAZ" and then finish off with a nice Manhattan at Radiator Whiskey.

That’s straight-up “Altered Carbon” level future-forward thinking, right there.

Part of me says unless minor children are being endangered, or people are being physically held hostage, just let it be.
    Part of me says this is one foot on the slippery slope, you can't just claim territory like this.

But either way, Seattle owns this.
    They need to manage it.

As it stands now, NO Federal solution should be allowed.

Unless it's @TGS and his coworkers, fast roping out of black helicopters, everyone wearing Plague Doctor masks and leather trench coats. Now that would be cool.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Why are you being weird about this, dude. Take a step back for a minute and ask yourself what your goal is, here.
    Pointing out how this sort of fear mongering is bullshit.

Because it's destroying the republic.

I plan to keep offering it on any "I know someone who knows what's going on in x and OMG" posts until I have to payout and eat crow.

I wonder how long that will take?
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List